Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, January 15, 2010

"Last Word" Winner!

by Kerry Blair

Thanks to everyone who played my "Famous Last Words" game last week! Every entry was fun! I almost gave the grand prize to Jon. Despite claiming not to understand how the contest was being run, two of the three famous last lines he contributed were also listed in the book from which the idea had come. (Somehow or other, Ophelia's author missed that renown "Mummy" book Jon cited.) For this almost-eerie accomplishment, Jon has been awarded the consolation prize -- which consists of sincere consolation from us all.
The winner is Mel, whose comment included:

--Stephanie Meyer has been poked.
--Lord Byron took the "Which Rock Star are You" quiz.
--J.D. Salinger has sent NO ONE a friend request.
--George Orwell took the "Which barnyard animal are you" quiz.
--James Joyce is beside the rivering waters of, hitherandthithering waters of. Night!

At least a couple of those are also in the book, but I don't care. Mel didn't win for originality so much as for a very solid -- and hilarious -- knowledge of those writers. Especially Joyce. I love that one!

Finally, Annette Lyon receives an honorable mention for both "Nevermore!" and claiming a genetic link to Mel. Clearly, wit and class run in that family.

Thanks again! You guys are the best!

PS ~ I planned on a guest blog for today and I know the guest has been hard a work on it, though I have not yet received it. Do check back!


5 Comments:

At 1/15/2010 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mel and Annette! =]

 
At 1/15/2010 5:13 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Yay, Mel!

The minute I saw this contest, I knew it was right up her alley.

 
At 1/15/2010 7:00 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Thank you for the consolation, I could use it. =)

 
At 1/15/2010 9:48 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Woohoo! Best news I've gotten all day. Thanks--this was really fun! (That is one of those books I'm wishing I thought of first!)

 
At 1/24/2010 7:25 PM, Blogger UTMomof4 said...

Oops, I don't think I played right. Oh well. Mel's comments were way funny! Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home