Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Wow. It’s the last day of 2009. Can you believe it?

New Year’s Eve can definitely be a time for reflection on the year that has just past. For example, I was just now reflecting on my six LDS writer friends and remembering how Rob made fun of me on Twitter just before Christmas because I’m not the expert twit that he is. And how Stephanie’s book, Methods of Madness, totally creeped me out. I thought about how excited I was for Jeff in landing the agent that he did and how I can’t wait to read any of his new books that are coming out. (Although I’m still waiting for my Shandra email he promised. Just waiting and waiting and waiting. *sigh*) I also thought about poor Sariah and how I hope 2010 is a much better year for her, and when my thoughts came to sweet Kerry I imagined her with her little zoo at home, lovingly stalking her and keeping her warm. (Because we know how cold it gets where Kerry lives.) I have some amazing colleagues on this blog and (almost all of the time), I’m proud to be part of this group.

New Year’s Eve can also be a time to set new goals for the coming year. I have many goals, and some of them are even different from last year! I’m sure Rob’s goal will be to be nicer to me in 2010, and Stephanie’s will be to stop skulking around and scaring people, Jeff’s will be to get me the promised manuscript, Sariah’s will be to find more time for rest, and Kerry’s will be to come visit me in 2010 (or move to Utah so I can see her more!) because I don’t want to miss our annual fun and laugh-fest that always happens when we’re together.

New Year’s Eve is also a big party time at our house and one of my kids’ favorite thing is the chocolate fountain. We dip everything in there and it’s messy, but very, very fun. We also play games all night and at midnight raise a glass (with sparkling cider) and ring in the new year together. The kids are already choosing what games we’re going to play and I’m off to the store to get a few more dipping items. (I forgot marshmallows and pretzels. I did remember cinnamon bears, bananas, and strawberries, though.)

So, from me to you: HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE! I hope you have a great time tonight and that the start of 2010 tomorrow will be the beginning of a year of health and happiness---so you can make a lot of great new memories to think about for next New Year's Eve.


9 Comments:

At 12/31/2009 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, your New Years Eve party looks just like mine will! Great minds!

Happy New Year to all Frog Bloggers. I love it here!

 
At 1/01/2010 12:28 AM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

I'd like to second Kerry moving to Utah! (Although, to be honest, I'd rather be in a warm climate; maybe I should move down there!)

Happy New Year to you all! =)

 
At 1/01/2010 4:17 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I would love it if Kerry moved to Utah!

I'm still laughing over Rob being a big twit ...

 
At 1/01/2010 2:12 PM, Blogger Bobdad said...

Loved your New Years Eve party plans as ours were much the same minus the chocolate fountain-all the best in 2010! hope to see and read you soon?

 
At 1/01/2010 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Utah, Chinese Ice Cream, and all of you so much! I can't wait for Conference! Even Anna will be here. Party at my house! (Or what passes for "my" house when we're in Utah.)

So, Jules, I see you ended the year with a PERFECT RECORD yet again. Didja all know Julie has never missed her day for blogging? I know, I know . . . wow.

 
At 1/01/2010 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you can see by the above comment, I can't sign in to Blogger today. At least, I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in the last half hour I've spent trying. I really do have a blog -- about Auld Lang Syne, even. If I can find somebody to get this stupid thing to work for me, I'll eventually post it.

(Quick! Somebody please tell me this is not a sign of things to come in the new year . . .)

Happy New Year, all!

Kerry

 
At 1/01/2010 6:56 PM, Blogger UTMomof4 said...

Sounds like a fun party, hope it was great. We tried out the First Night celebration at the mall in Provo. It was very family-friendly, a good thing for a family with 4 young kids. They do a fireworks show at 9 p.m. as well as midnight, so you can see them even if you can't make it until midnight. It was great.
Today is not a great start for the new year however, we are without hot water, and will be until Monday due to the plumber not being able to buy the part for the hot water heater until then. Fabulous. I hope this isn't a sign either of things to come this year!

 
At 1/02/2010 12:17 AM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Kerry, you make me LAUGH. Seriously. I'm up for Chinese Ice Cream anytime you are, my friend. :) Can't wait to see you in a few months. (Stop telling people about my perfectionist tendencies, though, will ya? I can't help it! Haha)

L.T. Great minds do think alike and you and I are proof of that.

Jon, Happy New Year to you, too!

Tristi, I'm glad I could give you a little chuckle. And thanks for not being mean to me on Twitter.

Green Metis, I will see you in a few weeks! Yay!

UTMom, I've thought about going to the celebration in Provo a few times, but never have made it. I'm glad to hear it's so fun, maybe next year I'll try it. I'm sorry about you not having hot water, though. I love hot water and I would have made a horrible pioneer because I like having it come out of the tap whenever I want it. I'm spoiled I guess. :)

Thanks, guys for all your comments. I love this blog and all the people who are here.

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/05/2010 10:27 AM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

Happy new year back at you Julie! You are awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home