Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wherein Kerry Is Away Again

by Kerry Blair

Chivalry is not dead! But I am. Almost. I came home from Utah with an awful case of . . . I don't know, probably malaria. (Well, it feels like malaria. Unless it's the Black Plague. Or maybe rabies. For sure I'm sick.) So Jeff, gentleman that he is, agreed to step in and take over for me tomorrow. I'd hoped he'd also agree to catch up my laundry and scrub the kitchen floor, but he drew the line at posting in the frog blog. Hmm. Chivalry may be wounded a little, come to think of it.

But I haven't forgotten about the Toward More Scenical Speech thing. (Even if the rest of you have!) The winners are John Ferguson (for correctly identifying all three poets mentioned in the first post. Either he's very literate or very good at googling) and cantinflas for submitting a quote from William Blake. (I really, truly did put the names in a sack and drew one to be fair, but if I hadn't, I would probably have chosen cantinflas. Funny how things work out, huh?) Anyway, if you two will send me your addresses, I'll send your prizes.

Now I'm going to go prop myself up in a chair or lay down in the corner or go out to the porch swing with a flashlight and finish reading Dead on Arrival. (I started it this afternoon and won't be able to sleep until I finish. FABULOUS book! One of the best I've read in . . . ever. Wish I could remember who wrote it.) Wherever I decide to read, it certainly won't be in bed. As Mark Twain pointed out, more people die in bed than anywhere else. The way I feel, I don't dare take the chance.

Thanks, Jeff!


4 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well quickly, Kerry. There are a lot of people out here who look forward to Fridays just to read your blog. Besides, we love you.

 
At 10/06/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Quite frankly, I think you frog bloggers should have to post twice a week instead of once. Sometimes I go through withdrawals.

 
At 10/06/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Dead on Arrival just came out this week. It is the second Shandra Covington mystery.

 
At 10/06/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

And I knew that, of course. I was kidding. (Badly.) Sorry to confuse people.

I finished "Dead on Arrival" about five hours after I started it. It's that good. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore to pick it up! Nobody . . . absolutely nobody . . . does suspense better than Jeffrey Savage. I suspect it won't be long before millions more readers learn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home