Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ha!

Well, Rob got one part of the story right. I did e-mail him yesterday morning, but not to offer to save his lazy rear end by blogging on Tuesday. I wrote to say that if he sends me one more certified letter begging me to ghostwrite his next book in exchange for a bootlegged videotape of “The Year Without a Santa Claus,” I’d have the law on him. I like that movie as much as anyone, but do you have any idea what it’s like to try to form Rob’s ideas into a book? It’s like struggling to build a house out of BBs stacked on top of each other. Shooting your eye out would be the least of your problems.

But seeing as how Rob has publicly declared that he is going to blog today in my place, I’ll leave him to it. Enjoy!

Okay, okay, I'm copping out too . . . but today's to-do list is very undone at the moment. Somebody post a good, clean joke in the comment trail to entertain us. The only joke I can think of at the moment is: Two eggs were in a frying pan. One egg turns to the other and says, "Man, is it hot in here!" The other says, "Aiyee! A talking egg!" This joke also works with muffins.


14 Comments:

At 12/12/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Marcia Mickelson said...

My 8 year old told me this one yesterday. What do you call a fish with no eyes? (Okay, I just realized it works better saying it out loud and not writing it. But anyway, here goes.) f-s-h (you're supposed to think--with no eyes, but it's actualy with no i's) Sorry, it's lame written down.

 
At 12/12/2007 2:45 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I like it, Marcia!

 
At 12/12/2007 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite joke but someone has to play along.

Ask me if I am a tree.

 
At 12/12/2007 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you a tree?

 
At 12/12/2007 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.



Ok, ok I know I am warped. I don't know why this joke is funny but it simply kills me. My kids HATE this joke.

 
At 12/12/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

Stephanie wins. The line "This joke also works with muffins" is the single funniest sentence on this blog all year.

 
At 12/12/2007 7:02 PM, Blogger Worldbuilder Robin said...

Okay, this is a stolen joke, but my son used to love it:

What do you get when you cross a car, a bird, and a dog?


A flying car-pet!

 
At 12/12/2007 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephani, I think Rob may has met his match. My joke: What did the skeleton order when he went to the bar. A beer and a mop.

 
At 12/13/2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

I feel deeply honored.

Thanks for the jokes!

 
At 12/13/2007 3:00 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

In keeping with the one in the OP:

One pig says to the other, "I never sausage heat!"
The other replies, "It's so hot, I'm almost bacon."

 
At 12/13/2007 7:22 PM, Blogger Josi said...

Knock Knock

(who's there)

Freep

Freepwho? (Free poo)

Ha ha ha ha ha

 
At 12/14/2007 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best joke I've ever heard Josi!
I've got a pretty good one It's kinda long but thats okay right?

So this guy named gus is driving and sees this big line of men walking in the road. as he gets to the front of the line he sees two black cars (you know the cars they put coffins in) and a limo in front. Then the limo and cars stops and the line of people stops. He pulls to the side of the road and walks up to the limo and knocks on the window. The window rolls down and inside is a man and a dog. So Gus askes what is going on and the man says "we have a flat tire." and then Gus says "who is in the two cars?" the man replies "well the first one is my mother in-law, this dog killed her." then Gus says "I'm so sorry. who is in the other one?"
the man says "the other one is my wife this dog killed her." then Gus says "I'm sorry." and started walking off then he turned back around and knocked on the window again and when the man rolled it down he said "Do you mind if I borrow that dog for a while?"
and the man replied "Get in line."

I just thought that was funny sorry it was soooo long.

 
At 12/15/2007 1:01 PM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

Stepohanie, your joke made me laugh and I shared it with my daughter, she is laughing too. I like cop out blog days

 
At 12/15/2007 1:02 PM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

sorry, i didn't mean to spell your name wrong. My typing skills are under par today, I love being the thirteenth commenter :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home