Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, December 10, 2007

A Word to the Wise and A Need for Speed

I am minutes away from getting on a plane, and won't get off until 11:30 tonight. In addition, I am finishing reformatting an entire Shandra novel. When I say re-formatting, I literally mean from scratch. No formatting of any kind in the entire novel. Fortunately I am close to done. It's a long story, but suffice it to say if someone ever offers you a great little shareware program that let's you keep all kinds of cool links and notes in a series novel. Do NOT use it.

So today in place of my usual blog, I thought I'd share a link I know will excite all of you as much as it does me. I mean doesn't everyone's heart skip a beat when they hear, "Here . . . he . . . comes . . ."


9 Comments:

At 12/10/2007 5:04 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks for the warning, Jeff -- I've heard of software like that but didn't know what to think.

 
At 12/10/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

Telling us the name would be even better, so we'd know exactly what to pass up.

 
At 12/10/2007 10:13 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

So this trailer is what, a glorified video game? Eh. Must be a Y-chromosome thing.

 
At 12/11/2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Worldbuilder Robin said...

Annette, are you saying that you've never heard of Speed Racer? Hmm, maybe I'm older than I thought...

 
At 12/11/2007 12:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

I don't know anything about Speed Racer either. Someone enlighten me, because I sense I'm supposed to be excited about it!

 
At 12/11/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

It rings a bells somewhere in my head, but it must reside in my brain right next to professional wrestling.

 
At 12/12/2007 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it like a new movie or something?

has anybody seen that music video of the band "OK GO" on the treadmills?

 
At 12/12/2007 2:31 AM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Oh, I am so disappointed. Speed Racer is only the greatest cartoon of all time. Do you really mean to tell me you haven't heard of Speed, Trixie, Racer X, Spridle, Chim Chim? The Mach 5? You youngsters just kill me.

This cartoon was so cool that used to show it at Midnight on MTV twenty years after it had been off the air.

 
At 12/13/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

I'm using a little program called "WriteItNow" that has all sorts of nifty features. I figured I'd put all my notes and chapters into it and then just copy n paste it into Word or something when I'm done.

Speed Racer rocks! (And whoever made the trailer for it must be on speed, or something. It looks spacey.)

P.S. I think Battle of the Planets (aka G-Force) is the best cartoon ever. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home