Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bloglet

by Stephanie Black

The house is messy, I need to throw in a batch of laundry, and tonight is Young Women in Excellence, which means I need to figure out what I'm going to say to introduce our theme. I also need to go to Costco, make brownies and make a pot of soup. So I fear today's blog will be only a bloglet.

But is this a cool picture, or what?



These are some kind of jellyfish. I took this picture last Friday at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Jellyfish are interesting critters. And here's a sign of our changing times for you--it was cheaper for us to buy a year's membership to the Aquarium than it would have been to get our five-children-family through the door once. Kind of funny. Five kids didn't use to be a "big" family. In my grandmother's day, it was more like a starter family. But now, whoa, we're huge! We should have our own zip code!

Good news: I finished going through the edit of my manuscript and sent it back to my editor. The only problem is I keep getting these nervous twitches thinking I messed something up. So far none of my "oh no!" moments have turned out to be real problems. I hope that trend continues.

I gotta go make brownies.


8 Comments:

At 11/28/2007 4:48 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

At least you posted something. That's better than some bloggers I know.

 
At 11/28/2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

I wasn't going to say anything, slacker, but since you brought it up . . .

 
At 11/28/2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Evil HR Lady said...

Ha! I was just about to post a comment about how at least, even though you were busy, you posted, unlike Rob.

 
At 11/28/2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Utahdoula said...

I'm so jealous you were there, and jealous you're close enough to USE that membership. Sigh. I miss Monterey.

 
At 11/29/2007 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try having 12 kids!
cool Picture!

 
At 11/29/2007 12:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Utahdoula--come visit us any time! We'll take you to the Aquarium and out for Thai food!

Anon--twelve kids? That's awesome. My hat is off to you!

 
At 11/29/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wondrous place to live. Monterey is one of my favorite places, next to Cornwall and Devon, England. Jelly fish, on the other hand, give me the creeps.

If you'd like to read about something way uncreepy, hop on over to my blog and check what's cooking. I'm giving away a brand new compact DVD player--even shipping is free. Nice, huh?

 
At 11/29/2007 10:42 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Very much been there, done that, with edits--and I've had those holy cow moments of knowing I DID screw something up in the process. Fortunately, we've managed to get them fixed before press, but it's definitely a nail-biting experience. Congrats on getting one more step toward press time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home