Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, July 19, 2007

You're It and No Tagbacks or Puppy Guarding!

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Since I was busy making my big announcement last week, I couldn’t do the tagging thing, so I thought I would do that this week!

What were you doing ten years ago?

Ten years ago I had just graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Secondary Education–English teaching and my husband and I took a vacation to England and France. I got to see Stratford on Avon, the bed where Shakespeare was born, the bench he proposed to his wife on, where the Magna Charta was signed, all kinds of medieval castles, modern castles, Big Ben, The Louvre, Versailles, The Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, and I ate wonderful, delicious food and practiced my French on people. It was the trip of a lifetime and I will never forget it. Especially after standing in front of the home of Princess Diana, reminiscing about meeting her when I was a young girl, and then less than three months later she was killed in a car crash.

What were you doing one year ago?

Last year I was a co-chairman for a large family reunion (the progeny of a family of sixteen, so hundreds of people) and we were busy with that as well as one of my boys getting baptized. It was a busy summer!

Five Snacks you enjoy

1. When I am writing, I get into my best groove when I have baby carrots to chew on.
2. Pudding
3. Pretzels
4. Popcorn
5. Anything coated in chocolate

Five Songs you know all the lyrics to:

This is a tough one. I know the lyrics to a lot of songs and I like a lot of different genres of music. Can we count the Les Miserables or Sound of Music soundtrack? Any song by Chicago? Primary songs? No? Okay. Here’s a sampling off the top of my head then.

1. Photograph by Def Leppard
2. Why Can’t This Be Love by Van Halen
3. Any Disney song because I’ve watched all the movies a billion times with my kids.
4. Lips of An Angel by Hinder
5. What a Fool Believes by the Doobie Brothers

Things you would do if you were a millionaire

1. I would hire someone to do all the cooking and the dishes afterward.
2. I would travel around the world with my family (including an African safari) and take my mom to Australia since that has been her lifelong dream.
3. I would buy a house that had a huge library in it, with a fireplace and a ladder to reach the books on the upper shelves.
4. I would buy a large chocolate fountain.
5. And of course, I would make a trust for each of my children, save for our retirement and make sure our parents were taken care of.

Five bad habits

1. I don’t fold the laundry right when it comes out of the dryer.
2. I don’t wear my glasses like I should.
3. I stay up very very late.
4. I’m a worrier
5. Whenever my husband goes out of town I watch the movie, Beaches, and cry my eyes out.

Five things you like to do

(In addition to writing, right?)
1. Laugh and joke with my kids.
2. Watch reruns of Whose Line is it Anyway?
3. Write silly limericks with my close friends
4. Travel to new places
5. Research Family History while listening to my iPod.

Things you will never wear again

Hopefully anything that has maternity on the tag.
Anything I wore in high school.
Hammer Pants (Can’t Touch This—break it down)
Anything plaid

Five favorite toys

1. iPod
2. My Scrabble set
3. My computer
4. My bagpipes
5. My jetted tub

Where will I be in ten years

In ten years I’ll hopefully still be writing books and maybe I’ll be going back to school for a law degree. Or just arguing with Rob on this blog.

People to tag

Marnie Pehrson
Meredith Dias


8 Comments:

At 7/19/2007 7:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie Humphreys said...

Okay, explain the bagpipes. Do you own them to look at or do you actually play them? We love bagpipe music (my daughter is a highland dancer).

 
At 7/19/2007 7:53 PM, Blogger Rebecca Talley said...

Love the chocolate fountain--where do I order one of those?

I enjoyed getting to know you better.

 
At 7/19/2007 8:31 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Songs nobody knows the lyrics to:
1. Informer by Snow
2. I Get Around by The Beach Boys (seriously: write down what you think the lyrics to the chorus are before you look it up.)

 
At 7/19/2007 10:21 PM, Blogger Josi said...

Shakespeare was married? I thought he was gay.

 
At 7/19/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

More songs nobody knows the lyrics to:

3. We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel
4. It's The End of The World As We Know It by REM

 
At 7/20/2007 1:34 AM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Actually, my wife and oldest son have the lyrics to We Didn't Start The Fire moemorized and have googled all the references. But they're a little strange that way. Personally I stuck to memorizing The Day the Music Died (both the original and the Wierd All Star Wars versions.)

 
At 7/20/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Erin said...

ummm...you have bagpipes? this is something that you should share with someone as soon as you meet them, and then bust it out and play it. YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS FOR ME!

 
At 7/22/2007 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do play the bagpipes, but I can only play two songs. I'm still learning and it's not as easy as it looks!

Shakespeare was married and had children.

I should also say that I would donate to the poor with my million dollars as well. I just realized I left that off and I probably sounded selfish. I really was planning on putting that on. Honest!

Julie Bellon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home