Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

To Whet Your Appetite

by Sariah S. Wilson

Word on the streets is that SECRETS IN ZARAHEMLA is currently sitting in my publisher's warehouse and should be distributed sometime this week. That means as early as February 4 and 5 SECRETS may be on Seagull's shelves (it apparently takes a bit longer for it to reach Deseret and the independents).

Look for me to make an announcement soon about my website being up, and about the three (yes, three!) contests I'll be running in February. Once the site is up, I'll have the first chapter posted for everyone to peruse (which I just know will send you into a buying frenzy and make you run for your nearest bookstore demanding that they sell you a copy. No? Just me? Okay.)

But to tide you over until then, I wanted to post the author endorsements that I got for this book:

“Secrets in Zarahemla is a wild ride of sword fights, political intrigue, love and betrayal. This book manages to maintain scriptural integrity while providing readers with a highly-entertaining experience. It will appeal to readers of all ages and leave them wishing for more.” -- Betsy Brannon Green, author of the Haggerty mystery series

“A captivating adventure--romance, intrigue, and history all rolled into one delightfully rich tale. I highly recommend Secrets in Zarahemla to all lovers of historical fiction.” -- H.B. Moore, author of the Out of Jerusalem series

“A fast-paced tale of love, honor, and faith set against the beautifully painted backdrop of an ancient culture. A unique and inspiring debut.” -- Heather Grothaus, author of The Warrior and The Champion

And for those that haven't checked out my back cover blurb, here ya go:

As she hangs upside-down in a hunter’s snare, Kiah feels a wave of fear as her captor comes into view. By his looks, as appealing as they are, the tall Lamanite is the mortal enemy of Kiah and her people. She can’t hope that her father, Captain Moroni, and his Nephite soldiers will rescue her—the strong-willed young woman has wandered well beyond the safe borders of Zarahemla. However, she is determined to use her warrior training to fight the Lamanite called Jeran until the end, no matter how hopeless the odds.

The land of Zarahemla has long been under serious threat from its enemies. But recently, its worst foes come from within—including Corahan, a man who would stop at nothing to fulfill his desires. One of the things Corahan most wants is Kiah as his wife. Now Kiah and her new unlikely ally must call on all their faith and courage to save Zarahemla in a struggle that will bring either deliverance or death—to both of them.

Journey to 62 BC and discover adventure, intrigue, and romance in a story where evil must be fought against, no matter how high the cost.


4 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

Whoops, I forgot to add my sister's endorsement:

If you want to read a book you can't put down, this is your book!
This is an amazing book. It is a page turner that can't be put down. If you are looking for a good book to read, I recommend this one. The story is exciting and thrilling.

And the fact that we're related has NOTHING to do with it. I promise. She'd be the first one to post about how much it stunk if she didn't like it.

 
At 1/27/2007 9:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Woohoo, Sariah! This is so totally cool. I am so excited to read your book! I just went to Seagull online to see if I could pre-order it, but no such luck. I guess I'll have to be patient for a little longer, dang it.

 
At 1/28/2007 9:53 AM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

Stephanie - if you click on my cover in the right side bar, it should take you directly to Seagull and they have it for sale there. :)

 
At 1/28/2007 11:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Hey, thanks! I guess I didn't look it up right the first time. Come Monday morning, I'm ordering it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home