Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Celebrity in our Midst

by Kerry Blair, reporting in from the frozen northlands . . .

I happened to be hanging around Utah County yesterday and picked up one of those "best of the best" issues of Utah Valley magazine. Being a tourist of sorts, I checked out the best place for a photo op (Bridal Falls) and the best place to shop (University Mall) before scanning the rest of the catagories. There, right before my dazzled eyes, was JULIE COULTER BELLON, Utah County's favorite author! The accompanying text said the nominees included 34 authors of 300 books in 19 genres, but the winner was (and maybe I already mentioned this) JULIE COULTER BELLON. You can see for yourself at uvmag.com.

I just had to tell you! Among their other sterling qualities, Canadians are naturally modest, so I was afraid Julie wouldn't mention it herself.

The Frog and I are very impressed. In fact, he's blowing off Bridal Falls to go take Julie's picture instead.


8 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 2:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Congrats, Julie! That's awesome!

 
At 1/24/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

Holy cow Julie - you beat out Stansfield, Covey and Lund???? WOW!

Hear that everyone? Hop to it and order all of Julie's backlist. She is Utah Valley's favorite author! :)

 
At 1/24/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger Keith N Fisher said...

Way to go Julie!

by the way take it from a native, unless they changed the name it is Bridal Veil Falls.
Sorry I missed the signing I was a bit under the weather

 
At 1/24/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks you guys!

Kerry, you are the sweetest woman on the planet. Thanks for announcing it to the world! (You know there's going to be some payback, right?) :)

It was a big surprise for me when the magazine called to tell me I won. I think the best thing though has been how much fun I've had when people I haven't talked to in ages call and tell me they saw it in the magazine.

You guys made my day! Thanks again.

 
At 1/24/2007 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Julie! That's so cool!

(Hey Kerry, farther north is warmer then where you are right now! In Provo right now it is 19 degrees in Boise it is 40 degrees! Just thought I'd mention that! And that goes for all of you authors freezing in Utah, Boise is warmer so come here. And Julie, Idaho is probably warmer then Canada too.)

 
At 1/25/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Julie. I've known for a long time that you're one of the best!

 
At 1/26/2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Cheri J. Crane said...

Way to go, Julie! And thanks for sharing, Kerry. =)Way cool news.

 
At 1/28/2007 2:49 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Kerry, you're in Utah? Where are you signing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home