Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, January 29, 2007

Accountability Time - End of 21-Day Challenge

Today is January 29 - which is 21 days after we started our challenge (January 8 for those mathematically challenged). How did you do?

I didn't hit my goal every day, although I did make an attempt. I might have fallen a bit short on some days but I did manage to accomplish something almost every day just in making the effort to reach the goal. For me the experiment was a success, and I think got me back into the habit of doing something I really needed to be doing every day. Hopefully it'll stick.

What about the rest of you? I'm going to name names here from those that posted in the comments section that they would participate in the 21-day challenge, and I hope that you'll leave a comment and let us know how you did, and whether or not you think you'll be able to keep up your newly formed habit.

So I'm looking to hear from: chillygator, Jennie, Rob, sabrina2u, Kerry, Julie, Marcia Mickelson, Marnie Pehrson, KB, Karen Hoover, Evil HR Lady and FHL. (Maybe some of the 6LDSWriters participants can write about how they did in their challenges as posts this week.)


5 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Chillygator said...

There was a great deal of slackiness in the challenge department (especially this last week!), but that's good, if I met all my goals I'd never have anything to improve on.

 
At 1/29/2007 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did very well. The only times we missed family scripture reading was when some family member fell asleep on the couch.

 
At 1/29/2007 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, I signed on with three different goals. Two I managed to stick to the whole three weeks. The third was harder because I have a terrible sweet tooth and we made a trip to Idaho to celebrate my Dad's birthday, but I've stuck to it really well since I got back. I think the challenge was helpful and I would do it again. Long range resolutions are hard, but a week by week commitment is easier to manage. I suppose that's why AA, Weight Watchers, and such programs work so well. It's easier to say, "I just have to get through today" than to say "This year I will . . ." The reporting in each week helped me feel I was succeeding too. It appealed to my competitive nature too. Want to give it another three weeks?

 
At 1/30/2007 2:39 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

I need to put up my long-awaited guest blog from Marsha Ward on Friday, so I'll report in here and now. I did it! (But I do love Chillygator's comment! I'm going to remember that one when people ask me how my New Year's resolutions are going.)

Jennie, I'm ready to forge on for three more weeks with you. Great idea! I know FHL will join us. He has that book to work on. He PROMISED, after all. (More about meeting him in a later blog. It was one of the highlights of my trip to Utah! The Frog is so bummed that he'd gone sightseeing with my husband instead of hanging around Orem that day.)

 
At 1/30/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

I, uh, was committed to my 21 day resolution for about 21 minutes. I think I'd already broken my vow to eat healthier by noon on the first day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home