Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

No Goodbyes, Just See You Later

by Julie Coulter Bellon

At the conference last week I spoke to Stephanie about how sad I was that the Frog blog was ending. I’ve loved being associated with these five people for the last five years. It was such an eclectic group, I think it made our blog completely unique. We had Jeff the teacher, Rob the comedian, Stephanie who kept it all real, Kerry the inspiration, and Sariah the researcher (who knows a lot about everything.) I am still in awe of the authors in this group and how much I’ve learned from them. I’m just so sad that it’s all coming to a close.

I’ve been using my emotions, however, and working really hard for a week and a half on a “secret project,” just to see if I could really do it. You see, I’ve posted every Thursday for five years on this blog, and when next Thursday comes around, I don’t want to be sitting in my chair thinking, “oh yeah, I don’t have anywhere to post anymore.”

So I started my own blog, LDSWriterMom.blogspot.com

I’ve been posting there since May 4th (May the fourth be with you, haha) and am excited at how well it’s gone. Mondays are my LDS Mommy Musing days, talking about organizing, taking care of kids, getting ready for FHE or prepping for my Sunday RS lesson, fitting writing time in between chores, anything Mom-related.

Tuesdays are my TV and books day where I’ll talk about my fave shows, Castle and Dancing With The Stars, and review books (or interview other authors).

Wednesday is What I’m Working On where I will have some accountability for what I’ve gotten done (or still need to do) on my work in progress for that week.

Thursdays are Thinking Thursday where I talk about writing and the things I’ve learned (and am still learning) as I go through the process of publishing.

Friday is First Page Friday. I was in a class last week where the agents said they pretty much only read the first page of a manuscript before they decide whether they’ll keep going or just reject it, so I thought that on Fridays I’d have readers submit the first page of their manuscript and I would critique it, in the hopes of making it stronger. I also have my editor friend who works for a national publishing house back East who said she would love to help critique as well. And we already have a doozy for tomorrow’s entry.

So there you have it. While I will miss the Frog blog, and everyone associated with it, I know this blog is the reason I’m interested in continuing at all. So, thank you. To the bloggers, to the commenters, and everyone associated with the frog blog. It has been a great run. I hope you’ll follow my new blog and keep in touch with me.

Housekeeping Item

I asked some opinions a few weeks ago on covers and my cover designer has decided to go with the map one, but add a shadowy figure in it for suspense purposes. So I drew a name from the hat of people who had chosen the map one, and the winner is

PrimaryMary!!

If you will send me your snail mail info at juliecoulterbellon@gmail.com I will send you a copy of On the Edge. :)


Thank you Frog Blog people. From the bottom of my heart—thank you. I’m sort of looking around thinking there should be a little band playing as I finish this post. Maybe TAPS or a twelve gun salute or something. I can’t imagine not posting here anymore, but I have some really great memories and I’m very grateful for that.

I don‘t think I’m going to say goodbye to all of you, and it’s getting hard to type through the tears, (I know, I know, I’m a baby) so I think I’ll just say---see you later. And hope that I do.


8 Comments:

At 5/12/2011 11:50 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

Never good-bye, Julie. If you don't mind, I'll link your blog to mine.

 
At 5/12/2011 12:27 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks so much, Jennie! And I missed chatting with you at the conference, I was only able to see you from afar. One of these days we need to go to lunch or something and catch up.

 
At 5/12/2011 2:28 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

I've always enjoyed reading your blogs, Julie, so of course I will have to come over to your new one and talk about Castle and how dumb Rob is for not liking it.

 
At 5/13/2011 5:39 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

I just spent an entire hour on your new blog! May I just say...actually I am speechless!

Great job!

 
At 5/13/2011 6:18 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks, Kerry! You're sweet.

 
At 5/13/2011 7:01 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

When Jeff first said the Frog Blog would be discontinued, my heart ached. It really did. But after reading each of your posts, and knowing that you will just be at a different blog address, I'm . . . okay now. I'll spend this evening over there and take a walk around.

I'd love to participate in a First Page Friday. The whole idea is cool. I love reading manuscripts, and I don't mind being humiliated in public-for a cause. :D

 
At 5/17/2011 1:02 AM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

First, Julie, take good care of all those wonderful children. Good luck with future writing endeavors. Stay strong in the gospel.

Charlie

 
At 5/17/2011 1:17 AM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks, Debra, I can't wait to see you over on the new blog.

Charlie, you don't have to worry. My kids always come first. :) Thank you so much for all your comments and wisdom. I've looked forward to your posts and enjoyed getting to know you a bit better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home