Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thank You, and Farewell, My Beloved Froggie Home

To Jeff’s beautiful comments, I want to add my personal thanks to everyone who has supported Six LDS Writers and a Frog over the past five years. Thank you for taking the time to read our posts; thank you for all the comments. I’m so grateful for the connections I’ve been able to make through the blog.

I love and admire my fellow frog bloggers—Jeff, Rob, Julie, Kerry, and Sariah—and I am so grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to get to know each of them through the blog. These are amazing, talented, wonderfully nice people, and it’s been an honor to rub shoulders with them. Thank you to Sariah for founding the blog, and thank you to her husband and to Jeff for taking care of technical matters. It’s been a huge privilege to be here in the Frog Pond.

Aww, man. It's sad to see it ending. We’ve had a great run (hop?) and it's strange to think of being frog-pond-less. But as Jeff said, we’ll still be around. I’m starting my own blog--yikes, my own blog! Right now, my blog is in a fairly primitive state. I never had a hand in any of the blog design here, so I’m a newbie. But it’s up and running with an introductory post that consists mainly of a picture that amuses me (involving James Dashner). Please please pretty please come follow my blog. It would be great to have some company as I leave the safety of the frog bog and step out in the big, wide world. The new blog is titled Black Ink (my sister suggested the title—thanks, Di).

Again, a huge thank you to all of you for being part of the Frog Blog. This has been a great blessing in my life and I’ll always be grateful for the opportunity I had to ribbet here on Wednesdays. And, um, I'm kind of sad at the thought of clicking "post" on my last post, after five years of blogging here. I kind of want to drag this out a little . . . um . . . okay . . . I'm sorta crying now. Didn't realize I'd cry while finishing up my last post. Love you, Frog Blog! Thanks for everything!


8 Comments:

At 5/11/2011 1:10 PM, Anonymous Wm Morris said...

Many thanks to the six of you and your excellent readership/commenters for a what was a great run. It was a sorely needed effort when it first started, and even if the need has lessened and changed, it's still sad to see things come to an end.

 
At 5/11/2011 2:27 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

As long as I can still stalk you, Stephanie, then I feel a little better. Congrats on the Whitney! (you are now officially ahead of me)

 
At 5/11/2011 6:46 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

Now I don't feel so back about you guys breaking up, Stephanie. Yes, I won't have a daily dose (almost) of Froggy wisdom to prop me up when I feel in need, but with your new blog, and if Jeff actually posts Fridays on LDS Publishers, then at least there are options.

 
At 5/11/2011 9:54 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Stephanie, you've given it a great run! I, too, will miss the frog blog, but plan to link to your new blog from mine.

 
At 5/11/2011 11:14 PM, Blogger Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I will definitely follow your blog! on my way over.

 
At 5/12/2011 9:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful support. It's been a great five years!

 
At 5/17/2011 12:59 AM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

Way to go, Stephanie. Whitney #3. Good luck with your future writing. Stay strong in the gospel.

Charlie

 
At 5/17/2011 1:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you, Charlie! And thank you for all your support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home