Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Storymaker Countdown

It's only a week until the LDStorymakers Writers Conference! I'll be super excited as soon as I'm done being freaked out at everything I need to accomplish between now and then. I'll be teaching a class on fiction writing basics, as well as being one of the instructors in a Publication Primer class, which is like an advanced boot camp. I am SO not ready for my classes yet, but I have accomplished one thing--I found a dress for the Whitney gala. My daughter (who just got home from BYU) was my personal shopping assistant, which was very handy. Not only did she help choose a bunch of dresses for me to try on, but she'd put them back on hangers while I tried on the next dress. I found one I really liked (and it was on sale--woot!). And it matches my book cover, in the sense that it's black (okay, that means it matches all my mystery book covers, but it still counts, right?). (No, I really don't choose Whitney clothes on the basis of whether or not they match my covers--that sounds way too hard. I was just happy to find a dress I liked and that wasn't too expensive).

Will you be at Storymakers and/or the Whitney gala this year? What are you you most excited about? Any class or event that you're particularly looking forward to? It's going to be awesome all around, but the thing I'm the most excited about is seeing my writer friends and making new writer friends. So I hope to see you there and meet lots and lots of new people!

(Sorry for another bloglet, but time is marching WAY too fast, and there is not one single thing in my life that I'm currently on top of. I'm behind on Storymaker prep, behind on girls camp prep--even the library books are overdue. Sigh).


12 Comments:

At 4/28/2011 1:51 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Hey have fun.

 
At 4/28/2011 3:14 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Will you be signing copies of your 3rd Whitney Award winner? My copy seems to have been permanently loaned out.

 
At 4/28/2011 3:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you, Maggie!

Ah, Jon, thanks for the vote of confidence, but no way is my luck holding out for another round. But I'll still sign any book you want :)

 
At 4/29/2011 12:16 AM, Blogger mathmom said...

I'm so glad I read this because it reminded me that my library books are overdue. Hooray for online renewal!

Enjoy the Whitneys! You will do great with your presentations.

 
At 4/29/2011 9:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you, mathmom!

 
At 4/29/2011 2:28 PM, Blogger Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I am so excited to see you next week. Your class is the first one I am going to on Friday. i know that you will kick things off with a bang.

 
At 4/29/2011 2:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Sheila, I'm so excited that you're coming to my class! Now I know I'll have at least one person there! :)

 
At 4/30/2011 11:20 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

I'm ready (ish), but I don't feel like it!

And no, I won't be matching my cover. No pink for me this year. :)

(Can't wait to see you!)

 
At 5/03/2011 3:26 PM, Anonymous Emily M. said...

It is a crazy weekend for our family, and I won't be there this year. But I will follow the liveblogging! Good luck everyone!

 
At 5/03/2011 3:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Emily, I'm sorry you won't be there--it would have been fun to see you!

 
At 5/03/2011 4:12 PM, Anonymous Emily M. said...

It would have been great to see you too! Maybe next year the stars and planets will align...

 
At 5/03/2011 4:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

I hope so, Emily! That would be awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home