Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Tomorrow is the LDStorymakers conference and I’m spending today getting a few things wrapped up so I can be prepared. I’ve been the head of the First Chapter contest this year and we had a record number of entries, which also meant we had a record number of evaluations and feedback that needed printed out and stuffed in envelopes for each entrant. After using four ink cartridges, five reams of paper, and getting eight paper cuts, I finally have all 915 evaluations printed out and put in envelopes. And it feels good. (Except for the paper cuts.)

I’m also preparing for my class presentation with Robison Wells. I’m presenting what I think are ten habits of successful writers and Robison will be presenting his ten and then we will argue about who is right. Yeah, it’s going to be fun.

And last, but not least, I’m a presenter at the Whitney Gala on Saturday and since I am expecting a baby I don’t have a thing to wear. Finding something is definitely on my to do list for today.

So as you can see, it’s going to be extra busy today so I can enjoy seeing all my writer friends this weekend. And unfortunately, that means the blog will be short and sweet. But I hope you will wish me luck with my class and presentation. I might need it!

(If you are coming to the conference, please find me and introduce yourself. I’d love to meet you! If not, maybe next year.)


3 Comments:

At 4/23/2010 12:24 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Good Luck with your class and presentation, but I already know your going to be awesome!(See I do comment);)

 
At 4/27/2010 8:03 PM, Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Fabulous job on the contest, Julie! The feedback from the judges was almost universally helpful and I'm in awe of the amount of time you and the judges must have put into this. Thank you so much for all that you did for us!

 
At 4/27/2010 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Please tell whoever the judges were that their comments were spot on. I seriously could not have paid an editor for better feedback. Bravo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home