Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Thoughts

I’m so happy Rob blogged this morning. Because he posted on Wednesday, this means that legally, I can claim his blog as my own. So I’m done. Hope you enjoyed it! See you next week.

Okay, okay. I’ll say something, but I get to be random, because Rob already posted something coherent. A few thoughts:

*My daughter told me she wanted to buy some khaki pants off eBay. Fine. We can all use a pair of khakis, right? Then I get the receipt and find out she purchased “tactical pants.” Tactical pants? Because what college student doesn’t need a pair of tactical pants, along with strategic socks, a conniving sweater, and a hat that can see the big picture? Anyway, apparently these are some sort of cop gear thing that she wants to wear on ride-alongs when she gets home. Should have known. If she ever comes to me wanting to buy a vest, I’ll know to ask questions to see if Kevlar is involved.

*Here’s a really, really yummy brownie recipe from Cooks.com. They are super easy to make, but taste like something you spent a lot of time on. They’ve quickly become a family favorite.

*Whitney tally: 26 books read, out of 30 books, with a week and a half remaining before ballots are due. I plan to vote in five out of six categories. I’ve given up hope on finishing the Historical category in time, which means I won’t be able to vote for Best Novel of the Year either. Oh well. If I were to vote for Best Novel right now, out of the 26 books I’ve read . . . wow, there are so many awesome finalists. But I’d vote for Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford.

*I’ve hit 74K words on my work-in-progress. I'm happy about this.

*I am not fond of eggplant. Or ranch dressing. Or bleu cheese. Mold? Really?

*I have a cold. Whoever invented Kleenex is a genius.

Feel free to be completely random in the comment trail.


13 Comments:

At 3/24/2010 2:07 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

Have you ever noticed that when you park your white Jeep Wrangler in a parking spot, when you come out of the store and try to find said Jeep there are now at least three other white Wranglers parked within spitting distance?

To be fair, I live in Yuma, and we love our Jeeps, ... but, really?

 
At 3/24/2010 2:16 PM, Anonymous T.J. said...

Did you know that Wendy's no longer has Honey Mustard dressing? What's up with that?

 
At 3/24/2010 2:21 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

See, I knew I had a connection with you, Stephanie. I thought I was the only person in the world who didn't like Ranch dressing. Now, bleu cheese... I don't get how anyone likes it. Fortunately, our Wendy's make the new yummy salads without it for us.

Deb: I'll admit, if I see someone else in the lot with a similar-looking Camry, I'll park next to them. =) I have tried to open the other car before by mistake, too. I think that's part of the fun.

 
At 3/24/2010 2:34 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

You're an evil man, Jon Spell!

 
At 3/24/2010 2:39 PM, Anonymous mean aunt said...

Deb: I feel your pain--I drive an Odyssey which is apparently the official car of my zip code.

As for random--my favorite ipod plaaylistis compeletly random. We're talking Doris Day, Juanes, and Kronos Quartet random.

Also, when Stephanie was little we'd play these great barbie games involving spies, murder and betrayal. I wonder if that had any efffect on her. . .

 
At 3/24/2010 2:50 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

mean aunt: LOL... we traded in our Odyssey for the Wranger!

 
At 3/24/2010 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate bleu cheese. =P

Congrats on the novel progress and thank you for the brownie recipe!

 
At 3/24/2010 4:25 PM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

I just wrote this little ditty.

A'Caucusing we'll go
A'Caucusing we'll go
Hi Ho the Derry-O
A'Caucusing we'll go

Does anyone see brilliant writer somewhere in my future.

I didn't think so.

Charlie

 
At 3/24/2010 9:08 PM, Blogger Traci Hunter Abramson said...

At least most of you remember what car you're driving. I've been sharing with everyone in my family lately and half the time I can't remember which car I'm looking for in the parking lot. Not a good thing, especially since we have both a Camry and a Corolla, two very common cars.

 
At 3/24/2010 11:16 PM, Blogger Dreamer said...

My teen said, "orange O's and Coca Cola go well together." And then "my school bag is like sweaty tacos in there."

 
At 3/25/2010 9:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

:) This is way fun. We should be random more often.

I once had someone come to open the door of my car--while I was in it--thinking it was hers.

 
At 3/25/2010 10:25 AM, Blogger Krista said...

I would do almost anything for a rootbeer float.

And I'm allergic to newspaper ink. Nothing else. Just newspaper ink.

Ooh, and you remember that part in Karate Kid 2 when they all start twirling the hand drums? That was AWESOME.

 
At 3/27/2010 6:02 PM, Blogger UTMomof4 said...

Ha! Randomness is funny sometimes. Here in UT county it is the White Dodge Grand Caravan that there are a million of. And I have walked up to others, especially in Wal-marts parking lot, until I realize that they are not as dirty as mine.
Thanks for the brownies link, they sound absolutely delicious!! I think I will try them for dessert tomorrow night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home