Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Contest of A Lifetime--Help Our Troops

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Have you ever been outside working on a hot summer day and wished for nothing but a cold drink of water? It’s the same thing for our troops who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, but unfortunately, the water available to them is warm and doesn’t taste very good. What can we do to help?

Water for Warriors is currently collecting water mix-in donations at several Seagull Bookstores up and down the Wasatch Front. These mix-ins will help the water taste a little better for our troops and is a small way to let our military men and women know that we haven’t forgotten about them and appreciate every sacrifice they make on our behalf. And while it may be small, better tasting water can make a big difference, especially when the hot summer months are getting closer. Help that water taste better for our troops!

Here is a list of suggested donation items:

Sweetened Drink Mixes (Gatorade, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid)

Hot Chocolate mixes

Cider Mix

Sugar or Sweetener Packets

Cup of Noodles (no Pork)



Please help me give back to our troops and drop off your items from March 1-31 at any of these participating Seagull Book stores.

Brickyard
Spanish Fork
Orem (State St)
West Jordan
Provo East Bay
Fashion Place
South Jordan
Redwood Road
South Towne
Provo (University Parkway)
Lindon
Orem South (University Parkway)
American Fork


In order to do my part, I am offering several prizes to those who donate and help me spread the word. Two weeks from today I will pick eleven winners and you could be one!

I will offer five autographed copies of Dangerous Connections, my new international suspense novel, five copies of One Good Man DVD, a story of another kind of unsung hero, and I will also offer one winner the chance to name a character in my next published novel—either a good or a bad guy/girl. A chance for you to live on in infamy! And see your name of the printed page! (Name is subject to my final approval and if you use a real person’s name, especially one that is still living, you must have their written permission unless you use your own name, of course.)

Here are the ways you can get entered into this contest.

For one entry:

Follow me on Twitter (@juliebellon)

Make a comment in this comment trail



For your name to be entered twice:

Tweet, link, or mention Water for Warriors on your Twitter, Facebook, or blog. Of course you may link here or to my website www.juliebellon.com for more info.


For your name to be entered five times, make a donation at one of the Seagull bookstores. If you bring a friend, take a picture of both of you donating and I will enter your name another five times. Or, come and visit me at my booksignings at Seagull bookstores and bring your donation then. (My signing schedule is on my website under Events.) Besides, I’d love to meet you and thank you personally for helping.

Once you have done any or all of these things, tell me what you did, tally up how many entries you should get, and then either leave that info in the comment trail, or email me at juliecoulterbellon@gmail.com especially if you are attaching pictures.

These soldiers need us. They need to know we haven’t forgotten them and that we care about the difficulties they are facing. Do something small, like help the water our troops have to drink taste better, because it gives back to them in a big way. I hope you will help.


6 Comments:

At 3/19/2010 2:22 AM, Blogger brendajean said...

Thanks for this great idea, Julie. Those troops deserve so much and get so little- it's such a pleasure to have something easy we can all do. I will be stopping by Seagull tomorrow!

 
At 3/19/2010 11:18 AM, Blogger UTMomof4 said...

What a great way to help the troops! I have some Lemonade mix-ins I can go donate. Thanks for this great idea!

 
At 3/19/2010 12:25 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Good luck, Julie, with the promotions. I loved your book!

 
At 3/19/2010 1:45 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thank you SO MUCH Brenda and UT Mom of 4. Our troops really do need a touch of home and I love being able to help them, even if it's just in a small way.

Heather, thank you for your review of Dangerous Connections. Especially the French at the end. :) I'm so glad you liked it!

 
At 3/20/2010 4:41 PM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

This is a great thing, Julie. As a member of the church and a veteran I applaud you. In the wards/stakes around here (Pocatello, McCammon, ID) we're doing something similar called Ripple. I'm not sure if this is just a local thing or not. Anyway, great work for the troops and, yes, I do have your new book.

Charlie

 
At 3/21/2010 10:50 AM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks, Charlie! I hadn't heard of Ripple, but it sounds great. Let me know what you think of the book. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home