Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Writing Excuses

by Rob Wells

Hey guys,

It's midterms here at the old grad school, which means that my blog this week consists of a big fat nothin'. Enjoy.

However, if you're clamoring for some Rob goodness, and would prefer to listen to that goodness rather than read it, let me direct you to the Writing Excuses podcast. As I've mentioned before, the podcast is run by Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, and Howard Tayler. This week they brought me on as a guest to discuss marketing. I'll also be on the show for the next two weeks, so you can look forward to that.

This show reminds me of how much I dislike discussions of marketing for authors, because when most authors refer to marketing, they're actually referring to promotion and advertising; they neglect all of the far more important stuff that has to come first.

Anyway, take a listen. The podcast is here.


2 Comments:

At 2/25/2009 10:43 AM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

I'll be taking me a listen for sure.

 
At 2/26/2009 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob was far more informative than he had any right to be. From now on we'll only be inviting guests that make us look smart in comparison, not the other way around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home