Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Letters, We've Got Letters!

I guess a lot of people must have received Farworld for Christmas, or Chanukah, or doorstops, or maybe just because everyone else was buying books. Whatever the reason, I started getting a ton of e-mails recently. It’s been great, and I’ve been trying to be pretty quick in responding. I think getting fan mail is one of the coolest things about being an author. So today I thought I’d share some of my recent letters. I’ll just post the writers first name for privacy reasons.

BTW, if you write to me and you don’t hear back, make sure you are putting a valid e-mail in the contact box. Or just write to me at scott at jscottsavage dot com.


From Matt:
Hi i was at cook elementary when you went there so i wanted to know if you know Rick Riordan.

(No, but I’ve read his books. Does that count?)

From Jordan:
Hi do you think this story sounds good or bad it is about a kid named Jordan lost a hat at school so he went to the lost and found but when he put hi hand in he fell in to it and he finds some legos but when he touchs one they all came to life and he and they were life sized and he turnd in to a lego and they went in to and he went to many wars email me if you and I well email it to you by the way I am 9 years old.

(Who could resist a book about a kid who turns into a Lego?)

From Miley:
do you like pickles

(Doesn’t everyone like pickles? I think it’s some kind of law.)

From Abby,
I got my book report grade back, and my teacher gave me ninety-nine percent out of one-hundred percent because she did not notice that my description of my favorite picture was on the page behind the picture, when we were actually supposed to put the description of our picture on the lines below the picture, so I showed it to her and she said sorry, and that she would fix my grade in her grade book, so I actually should be getting one-hundred percent out of one-hundred percent on it but I do not know, so I will email you two back and let you know when I get my book report grade back.

(This is from a good friend introduced to me by Kerry. She was also a previous guest on the Frog blog. I include this to show all kids out there that you can ace your next book report if you do it on Farworld. And if you, you know, do a great report.)

From Skye:
you are awsome!!!!!! sorry I didn't come saturday i liked it when you came to hannah holebrook but send me a email i like you so much so far i like your book my brother wants to read your book and hes in 8th grade your the best person on earth so i hope i see you again and hope you have the best halloween ever your my bff and that means you my best friend forever i like you so much some time you can come camping with us in the summer time so my mom and dad say yes and you can bring your family i like your hand writting because i can read it your the best person on earth so you rock ill send you a message on sunday so have fun on every thing yor friend skye

(I am so going camping with Skye!)

From Kelci:
dear AUTHOR, I DO NOT UNDER STAND THE BOOK I WAS WOUNDERINDING IF YOU COULD HELP ME UNDER STAND YOUR BIGGEST FAN KELCI

(You’ve got to like someone who is your biggest fan even though they don’t understand your books. Just wait until she reads one that makes sense!)

From Antony:
Hi I love far world as mch as I love my family. i love the cool symbols you created representing the four elemens I cant wait till the next book comes out

(Either Antony really loves Farworld, or he is just so-so with his family. I’m hoping for the first.)

From Claudia:
I know that your books are aimed at YA, however I really enjoy them and have all my friends read them. Along with my husband. I just want to know when can we expect the next book to come out? Yes I am a Grandma that loves good books. Thanks for writing another good book

(Next time someone asks me what age group I write for, I’m handing them this group of letters!)

Hope you all had a great 2008, and that your 2009 is even better!)


3 Comments:

At 1/06/2009 11:50 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

This letter are so funny! And sweet :)

 
At 1/06/2009 12:57 PM, Blogger Heather Justesen said...

What an awesome pile of letters. Not that we're at all surprised--you deserve it.

 
At 1/08/2009 12:20 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I love the one where you're the best person on earth. We've always thought so ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home