Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, December 19, 2008

12 Days of Christmas Contest

by Kerry Blair

Knowing how much you guys like contests, I thought I'd tell you about one Joyce DiPastena has just started. It's a Twelve Days of Christmas thing -- Medieval style. (Meaning that it runs from Christmas day to the Eve of Epiphany, not that you might win leaping lords or milk maids or anything like that.)

Frankly, my real motivation here is deep-seated insecurity. My gift -- a copy of Counting Blessings -- is the first one, offered on Christmas Day. I ask you, how many people are going to find time to enter a contest between now and Christmas? Yeah, that's what I think, too. I don't mind keeping the book (the stack is helping to hold up a wobbly bookcase, after all) but Joyce is a nice lady, so I hate to think how bad she's going to feel when she has to tell me that not one single person on the face of the entire earth wanted my book for Christmas. To help her out, I'll toss in something better for you Frog Followers. If you enter Joyce's contest because you saw it here -- and win -- I'll give you the book along with a miniature nativity. (Yes, it's one more thing to pack up after Christmas, but it was handpainted in Mexico and is really cool.)

The contest involves answering a question from each of twelve websites. Since I'm shamelessly begging here, I'll tell you that the answer to my question is What the Moon Saw. (One of two free e-books given away on my site.) If you want any of the other great stuff, you'll have to visit everybody else's site and figure out their clues for yourself! (Good luck with that; there are some terrific prizes!)

For all the rules and how to enter, check this out.

And again Merry Christmas!


6 Comments:

At 12/19/2008 3:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie Abney said...

You are too cute, Kerry!! Thanks for all the HELP on the contest and I hope you are well and have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS surrounded by loved ones. I'm so excited to be home today... our school let out yesterday!!!

(Seen any good "B" Christmas movies lately? I've been filling up my DVR with all the Hallmark offerings).

LOVE YOU LOTS!!

Love & Blessings to You and Yours...

Stephanie

 
At 12/19/2008 3:22 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Ok, one entry sent in, and just to be contrary, I sent in the OTHER e-book title. ("Pigging out on Pasta", if I recall correctly.)

You should probably have the site faeries update the author web sites here to point to your new homepage. The current link (kerryblair.com) doesn't look entirely functional yet.

 
At 12/19/2008 5:00 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Jon, if that editor ever escapes you, please send him my way -- he's as good as your wife! Thanks!

 
At 12/20/2008 12:20 AM, Blogger Joyce DiPastena said...

Kerry,

I'm shocked! Bribery? Giving away the answer? It really wasn't necessary, my dear. I recognize several of the entries for your books as people who have entered my own drawings before and who know nothing about this blog (most of them non-LDS), who entered and found the right answers all on their own, just because they wanted your book without the least bit of prodding from anyone.

And I thought I was insecure. ;-) I never doubted for a moment that your book would get a good response!

 
At 12/20/2008 2:06 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Joyce: You're shocked? Really? That just goes to show that you don't know me. There wasn't a single person here who was surprised in the least. :)

Besides, I like these guys. They deserve a head start and an extra treat. (Though I'd really be willing to give the nativity to anybody who wins, if they want it.)

One final comment: poor nonmember enter-ers. They will be dismayed indeed if they win Blessings. Perhaps I should give them Ghost instead.

 
At 12/20/2008 4:23 PM, Blogger Joyce DiPastena said...

Nah, Blessings will be good for them. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home