Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Six LDS Writers' Stephenie Meyer Connection

by Sariah S. Wilson

(Sorry for the late post - in the vein of when it rains it pours, the baby developed a fever of 102 and has wanted nothing for the last two days but to be held.)

Recently, oh, around the release date of Twilight, our daily blog reader numbers jumped dramatically. Like doubled in size.

That tends to happen when we get linked on a bigger site or an article mentions a blog one of us has done.

Not this time.

I wondered what was getting us so many hits, and as I looked into the history I realized that all these new visitors were coming for one specific reason.

Let me show you.

Head out to Google.

In the box type Stephenie Meyer. Hit return.

At the top of the screen you'll see the words: Web Images Maps News Shopping Gmail (etc.).

Click on "Images." (Or you can just go directly to this link, but that takes all the dramatic fun out of it.)

And what do you see, right there in the very first row, third picture over?

That would be the picture I took of The Frog meeting Stephenie Meyer for the first time.

I find it hilarious that out of 417,000 Stephenie Meyer image hits, our little Frog picture is in the top three.

This is the infamous picture:



And you can click here to go to the blog post where I talked about meeting her.

I hear The Frog is still wondering why people are so excited about his picture.


4 Comments:

At 12/08/2008 8:46 AM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

That's hilarious! The frog is finally getting the press he deserves.

I also particularly like the stunned/confused expression on Meyer's face.

 
At 12/08/2008 8:56 AM, Blogger Paige's Pages said...

That is so funny! :) Its good to find things to laugh about even in troubled times. Any luck on the insurance front yet? We have been in that boat before too. Atually we still are for that matter. In september of 2000 my little brother was diagnosed with not one but two rare forms of childhood cancer...that same week my dad lost his job and also the insurance that went with it. Somehow we made it through that one with stronger testimonies to boot. Four years ago his company downsized and so here we are in the no-insurance boat again. Dad is currently working 4 part time jobs (including being the undertaker :)) and mom works 2. The water heater just went out, the house taxes are due, the fridge broke, and the dryer only works when it wants to. And thats just scratching the surface. I suppose your right to say when it rains it pours! :)But you know, we have a warm house, plenty of food to eat and even some to share with scouts who just came by. We have a family. A wonderful family with enough love to last through even this. If I got to choose I dont think I would have ordered this up. And Heaven knows I do my fair share of "Why Me's?" But there are things I have learned that I know I could not have learned any other way. Just maybe Heavenly Father knows me better than I think he does. :) Good luck! The Wilsons are in my prayers!

 
At 12/09/2008 9:36 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

The frog really IS the man.

 
At 12/09/2008 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo is priceless - Paige, so is your faith and your attitude!

Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home