Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanks, Annette!

Since Rob posted today, I figure that counts as a Wednesday blog and will therefore make me look semi-unslackerish, even if all I do is post a link to a great blog by Annette Lyon. I admire the heck out of Annette. She's a dang good writer, and a grammar genius to boot. Annette talks about expanding your characters by being aware of your character's background, etc., when writing from his/her point of view. It's a great blog; go read it. I'm definitely going to keep it in mind while working on my work-in-progress--and I'm happy to announce that I have a work-in-progress! Hooray! I started my new book. I have about 2300 words so far, which means I've got about seventy or eighty or ninety thousand words to go (shorter in the first draft, longer in subsequent ones, most likely), but I'm out of the starting gate. It's another contemporary suspense novel, but in this one, the characters will all be nice to each other, no one will get killed, and there will be lots of kissing. And a unicorn. And lots of that sparkly stuff that gets sprinkled around centerpieces to make tables look pretty.

Or maybe not.


3 Comments:

At 12/03/2008 11:27 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Aw, Stephanie, thanks! You're awesome. Congrats on your WIP. May it turn out just as great as your last one!

 
At 12/04/2008 12:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Annette, you made my day! Thank you!

 
At 12/04/2008 8:44 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Your WIP sounds like a lot of fun :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home