Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm So Excited!

by Stephanie Black

I just heard from my wonderful editor--my new suspense novel (working title Picture Perfect--thank you, Melanie J., for the working title suggestion) has been accepted for publication! I'm thrilled! I am beyond thrilled! It's scheduled for an August 2009 release.

Did I mention I'm excited?

I called my mother to tell her the good news. She said I should go celebrate tonight, and tonight will be quite the party. We're having leftovers for dinner, which isn't a party for anyone else, but it is for me, since I don't have to cook. Take your choice of beef stew, lasagna, or what should have been pork medallions (porklets), though I'm not sure I medallionized them correctly. Then I have preschool orientation, followed by a Court of Honor. Stake YW Volleyball is going on as well, which I'm missing because of the Court of Honor (my son is receiving his Second Class). Too bad I'm missing volleyball, since the YW get to play against the bishops, which would be quite entertaining to watch.

Maybe my husband and I can sneak away later in the evening and go to Cold Stone. Nothing says "celebrate" like a big scoop of ice cream!

And in additional exciting news, next Tuesday night, my kids and I get to go see J. Scott Savage, brilliant author of Farworld. He's doing a booksigning at a Barnes and Noble only about half an hour away from us. There we'll be in a huge line of fans, waiting for J. Scott to ink his name in the front of a copy of Farworld, after which my kids and I can arm-wrestle over who gets to read it first. I'm thinking I can win against my three-year-old; other than than, I'm not so sure.


17 Comments:

At 9/24/2008 3:26 PM, Blogger mathmom said...

That is so very exciting! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you get some ice cream tonight!

 
At 9/24/2008 3:34 PM, Blogger Melanie Goldmund said...

Oooh, congratulations, I'm so excited for you!

 
At 9/24/2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! Woohoo!

I recommend the "Cookie Dough'nt You Want One?" concoction from Cold Stone. In a waffle bowl, of course.

You should celebrate with sparkling grape juice! ;)

 
At 9/24/2008 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephanie---both on the book and having a scout who is progressing :) Get two scoops!

 
At 9/24/2008 4:31 PM, Blogger Evil HR Lady said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you.

 
At 9/24/2008 4:48 PM, Blogger Karlene said...

Congrats!! I just got my 2009 calendar this week so I put a note about your release in August. :)

 
At 9/24/2008 5:08 PM, Blogger Liana Brooks said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! It sounds like you have a busy night though.

We're doing sandwiches for dinner and I'm leaving in 30 to go pitch a play... I write sci-fi novels, how did I get involved with a Christmas play? I'm still trying to figure that out!

Have fun! I'm looking forward to picking up the book.

 
At 9/24/2008 5:58 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I'm sad that I have to wait a year to read it though. Have fun celebrating!

 
At 9/24/2008 6:35 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

That's awesome, Stephanie. I'll eat some chocolate in your honor :) My 11 year old just finished Far World last night. She declared it as her favorite all-time book.

 
At 9/24/2008 7:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you so much for all the support!

Jon, great idea on the sparkling grape juice :)

just-me, good luck on the Christmas play. And that's awesome that you write sci fi!

 
At 9/24/2008 8:14 PM, Blogger Melanie Jacobson said...

Jon stole my whoo-hoo! And if you got to Cold Stone, try All Lovin', No Oven. Uh, that's a flavor. Because it's the awesomest flavor ever. And because the name fits with your no cooking theme tonight. Congrats!

 
At 9/24/2008 9:21 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Congratulations, Stephanie. May I say I told you so?

 
At 9/25/2008 1:43 AM, Blogger Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Stephanie, this is so fantastic! And as for your fun-filled evening--well, what's a mom to do? Life has a way of intruding. ;-)

Congrats!!!

 
At 9/25/2008 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great Steph about your new book. We are waiting anxiously on the east coast to read it!!! I'm still plugging your current novel.

That husband of yours better take you out or he can kiss your royalties goodbye:)

 
At 9/26/2008 12:38 AM, Blogger Gamila said...

Yea! I'm excited to read your next novel! I can't wait! congrats!

 
At 9/26/2008 11:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Thank you so much!

I did get my ice cream, but decided to delay it by one night, since Wednesday was a bit busy. We went out last night--ice cream and a trip to Home Depot. It was awesome.

 
At 9/29/2008 12:52 PM, Blogger Josi said...

'super congrats, Stephanie, I'm so dang excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home