Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, March 24, 2008

And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Wow! What a great conference. My hat’s off to Annette and Heather for an amazingly great conference. Record setting turn out. Awesome food. Great hand outs. Excellent speakers. All topped off by a truly memorable Whitney Awards ceremony set up by our very own Rob and Kerry along with many others.

What can I say? How many times do you have the chance to teach to amazing writers packed until there isn’t even room to sit? How often to you get to do a flannel board presentation to Dean Hughes, Anita Stansfield, Jennie Hansen, Brandon Sanderson, Brandon Mull, Shannon Hale, Jessica Day George, Rachel Nunes and many, many others? How many times do you get to have two beautiful women dress you in crown, robe, slippers, a sword that actually makes sounds, gauntlets of power, laser beam (or something like that) and a scepter that doubles as a water gun? How often do you get to spend three fun filled nights in a hotel room with my wife but no kids? (It better be none or I’m coming hunting for you buster, and it won’t be pretty!) How often do you get to embarrass the heck out of James Dashner with pictures like this?

I’ve already heard from many attendees how much they enjoyed it all, and how much they learned. But I honestly don’t know if anyone could have had more fun that me. Okay well maybe the Whitney Finalists and winners. (Until they discovered Rob forgot to sign their checks. Heh, heh, heh. That kidder.)

Labels: ,


8 Comments:

At 3/24/2008 9:10 PM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

seriously, Rob not signing the checks was my highlight of the evening. I laughed all the way to Oak City. What a great event. What a great weekend. Congratualtions to all the Whitney Winners and thanks to a job well done by Heather Moore and Annette Lyon. And thanks jeff for everything. You and Jen rock! The flannel board presentation rocked too!

 
At 3/24/2008 11:19 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Dressing you up was certainly a highlight for me. LOVED the flannel board.

I'm glad the 2009 conference is in good hands. Can't wait to see just how darn awesome YOU make it!

This was definitely a weekend I'll remember for a very long time.

 
At 3/25/2008 1:29 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

That flannel board story will go down in history. Was anyone recording it? Really, can you redo it and put it on u-tube or something? I don't think I've seen my husband laugh that hard, ever, except at Will Ferrell.

 
At 3/25/2008 10:58 AM, Blogger Michele Holmes said...

The flannel board was THE BEST!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the conference.

 
At 3/25/2008 11:37 AM, Blogger James Dashner said...

That was awesome, truly. I can't think of anything I look more forward to than the Storymaker Conference.

And Jeff, the flannel board thing was a classic. I really like the role of being your sidekick - you make me look good with no effort on my part. :-)

Wait, that was too nice. Jeff, you suck.

 
At 3/25/2008 11:51 AM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

I just like hanging out with the rock star. But I am glad you added that last part. I was starting to feel gooey inside and I hate that.

 
At 3/25/2008 5:53 PM, Blogger Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Jeff, I also was thrilled at your fabulous presentation Saturday night! You and James were the highlight of the evening! It was such an honor to be at the Whitney Awards with all of you!

~~Sheila
LDS Womens Book Review

 
At 3/31/2008 10:23 PM, Blogger Danyelle Ferguson said...

OK - I was totally feeling guilty that I left my four kids for three days with a friend of mine (who they've never met) and skipped the Whitneys. Never again! It sounds like it was tons of fun. If someone does have the flannel board presentation on video, I'd really like to see it!

Jeff - I enjoyed your class on hooks and it was great to see you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home