Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I'm so tired that pretty soon my eyeballs will start crossing, so this will be a short blog. We went camping last night and met some hungry and distinctly not-shy raccoons. As the sun went down, they became increasingly bold. Instead of sitting peacefully in the twilight eating s'mores and relaxing, we were chasing off the raccoons who were hoping for some snacks. I had no idea wild raccoons could be so aggressive, and it was rather freaky. They growl too, especially at each other. Yeeks. There are little raccoon prints all over the sunroof of our car, so apparently after we went to bed, they went exploring.

After a somewhat sleep-deprived night, as befits camping, we came home, dumped the camping stuff, packed the beach stuff and took off for the beach. We had a great time boogie boarding and playing in the sand and man, am I tired now. The pile of sandy towels and wetsuits and the boxes of camping stuff and the dirty laundry can wait until tomorrow. If I can just find my toothbrush, my pillow and a clean pillowcase, I'll be content.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I am so grateful to live in this country and for those who protect our freedom.

Good night!


3 Comments:

At 7/05/2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Those are some major freaky glowing eyeballs. And here I thought raccoons were so cute and cuddly . . .

 
At 7/05/2007 4:17 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

Those must be the same raccoons who scamper across my roof at night, sounding like a galloping herd of buffalo.

 
At 7/06/2007 10:58 AM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

raccoons are mean little cusses. I've woke up to an entirely thrashed camp at the hands of this little critters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home