Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

School's Out! Time to Partay!

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Today is the last day of school for my children and to tell you the truth I’m glad. I’m ready for a change of pace—to not have anywhere we absolutely have to be and just kick back and relax. We have a family summer schedule which I love and the kids seem to as well. (Or they’re really good at hiding it). But one of the most fun things about the last day of school (besides deciding which papers and artwork to keep and burning all the rest LOL) is reading the yearbooks. My kids and I sat back and read out loud all the funny things people wrote and I thought I’d include the top ten funny ones. Keep in mind, though, that some of these are from a junior high. Continue reading at your own risk.

10. I’m signing your crack, does it tickle?

9. If I were a dog and you were a flower, I’d lift up my leg and give you a shower.

8. Hard work pays off in the future, but laziness pays off now.

7. Bon Voyage, eat fromage

6. It tickles me pink, it makes me laugh, that you would want my autograph

5. Bam, look at that bacon sizzle

4. If at first you don’t succeed, do it like your mother told you.

3. May your life be like a roll of toilet paper—long and useful

2. When on the ladder of success, don’t let boys look up your dress.

1. If you’re reading this, you must be way bored. Call me.


So to all our blogger readers: Here’s to the start of a great summer.

Or, in yearbook speak:

Hey QT CUL8R HAGS!

:)


8 Comments:

At 5/31/2007 2:34 PM, Blogger Josi said...

sounds like Jr. High hasn't changed too much :-)

So what's your summer schedule that works so well? Inquiring (and somewhat desperate) mom's want to know.

 
At 5/31/2007 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally going to use these at booksignings.

 
At 5/31/2007 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes huh Rob?

 
At 5/31/2007 5:51 PM, Blogger Marcia Mickelson said...

We've been out of school a week already. Why is it that the days seem so much longer during the summer. My kids are already bored and at each other. Our summers in San Antonio are so hot, we can't even play outside too much unless it's in the morning. I'm trying to keep my kids busy, but somehow they end up watching too much TV.

 
At 5/31/2007 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an autograph album from 1906. (I think these pre-dated yearbooks at schools around the country.) Some of my favorite entries:

Be sure more swift than swallow's wing,
My thoughts have flown to thee,
To wish that sweet and fair as spring
Thy future life may be.

If you love me as I love you, no knife can cut our love in two.

My pen is poor. My ink is pale. My hand shakes like a piggy's tail.

Alta is your name.
Single is your station.
Happy be the little man
That makes the alteration.

Things have changed a little in the last hundred years . . .

 
At 6/01/2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

#3 seems like it could have been more graphic - amazing that it wasn't.

I do like #10, though. =)

 
At 6/02/2007 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would, Jon.

Number 1 was number 1 for a reason. (The reason is that Julie and I think a lot alike.) :-)

 
At 6/02/2007 8:56 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Josi, in the mornings we have a rotating chore list to keep things interesting, and then we have reading time, (because we have a summer Bellon Family Book Club which is a hoot!) and if they get all their stuff done we play in the afternoons. It has worked really well for us. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home