Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Best Thing About Utah So Far

Of course, living near family will always be the number one (and primary motivator) best thing about being in Utah.

But today, while shopping for a new fridge, the sales guy asked what I did for a living. I told him I was an author. He asked what I had written and I told him he probably hadn't heard of me. "No, your name seems familiar. What are the names of the books you've written?"

I rattled them off, and he pounced on "Servant To A King." That's his girlfriend's favorite book and he was excited to tell her that he'd sold me a fridge today.

That was made of awesomeness.

And I needed that, considering that everything else about this move has been nightmarish to the extreme (the details of which I will not bore you with here; suffice it to say that anything that could go wrong so far has), and I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'm actually living in Utah and have to find a house somewhere and I'm not really sure where to look that we can afford a house and has a great school district and is in close proximity to the freeway.

Any and all suggestions are still welcome. We have time to look - I'm just not really sure where to even begin.


5 Comments:

At 9/12/2010 11:13 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm glad you're here ... and we seriously need to meet up somewhere for lunch. You're one of the people I've been wanting to meet for a long time.

 
At 9/13/2010 12:21 PM, Blogger Janice Sperry said...

If you're looking in the West Jordan area, I know some houses you could look at. We are pretty close to everything. Great schools, 3 parks in walking distance, great ward... We have new construction and existing houses under 10 years. :)

 
At 9/13/2010 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laverken. Its to die for.

Or you could try for the great real estate buys in Lavan. Its not too far off the freeway.

Does anyone know the etimology of the name Lavan? I was told that it is NAVEL spelled backwards, because it sits at the geographical center of the state. Just wondering.

I'll bet every fridge salesman in Lavan has a girlfriend that has read your books. What's not to like about living in Utah's naval?

 
At 9/14/2010 2:12 AM, Blogger Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Come up north! Josi Kilpack, Ronda Hinrichsen and I are up here and everyone else is further south. :-( I'm in Ogden, Josi is in Willard and Ronda is in Brigham. The more, the merrier!

 
At 9/14/2010 1:33 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Wouldn't Lavan be NAVAL spelled backwards? ;)

My wife's a real estate agent in Utah county... and freelance Covenant contractor. =)


Jon
Department of Navel Contemplation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home