Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Can I See Jesus?

by Sariah S. Wilson

Having to post now after Rob's fantastic news is sort of like being the next author at a signing after Stephenie Meyer. People are still in the building, but really, do they want your autograph?

So I thought I'd share a sweet moment I had with my 2-year-old daughter today.

We were driving in the car on our way to church, when she asked me, "Mommy, can I see Jesus?"

"You want to see Jesus?" I clarified.

"Yes."

I can see how she might think such a thing is possible. I asked her once where Jesus lived, and she told me, "Utah." It makes sense - that's where everyone else she loves lives, and it's really far away.

"Even if you can't see Jesus," I told her, "He can always see you. And you can feel him in your heart."

That seemed to satisfy her.

She's currently into naming everything as "ours" - here's our neighborhood, there's our mailbox, here's our house.

So as we pulled into the church parking lot she said, "There's our church!" She paused, and shook her head. "No. That's not our church. That's Jesus's church."

"It is?"

"Yes, that's his church."

I got her and her baby brother out of their car seats and as we reached the door, my daughter stopped, looked up at me, her face beaming and said, "Mommy, I love our Jesus."

Indeed.


4 Comments:

At 5/03/2010 2:10 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

Absolutely adorable!

 
At 5/03/2010 4:31 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Awwwwww!

 
At 5/04/2010 12:06 AM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

What Deb said.

I really, really, really need grandchildren. Would somebody PLEASE marry one of my sons? :)

 
At 5/06/2010 11:37 PM, Blogger UTMomof5 said...

That is so sweet. It's those moments that make the screaming-in-the-store moments more bearable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home