Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Blog Pimpin'

by Julie Coulter Bellon


I happen to think that Six LDS Writers and a Frog is one of the coolest blogs around. It stuns me when I go to conferences and find a person or two who have never read this blog. So I think we need to do a little blog pimpin' around here. Shout our blog from the rooftops. Hike up our traffic counts. Get some blogvertising going. I mean, experts say to make comments on other blogs, register with technorati, twitter about the blog, etc., but I think we frogbloggers can do advertising things on our own, too.

For instance:

We could attract the marathon crowd by having Jeff Savage wear a jersey decorated with frogs and our web address.




Rob could attract the street crowd by standing on street corners and running frog races with the winner receiving a beautifully handcrafted froggy fun pack created by Kerry Blair.


Stephanie could hand out cards at her elderly care center, or ask her college age daughter to wear a frogblog sticker on her backpack.

Sariah and I could create baby crackers shaped like frogs with our web address on the back. Of course the parents would have to read the web address before the child put it in their mouths since they go soggy very quickly and the letters would dissolve.

Since Rob is also self-proclaimed “eye candy” then perhaps he could get in touch with his frog self, create some frog bling, diamond encrusted of course, with our web address and frog prominently displayed. He would probably wear his hat backwards and start saying, "yo froggy," to everyone he meets. Maybe for authenticity he could jump around a lot.



Kerry Blair could organize a rally for the Frogger video game to be declared the official cure for writer’s block and have the credits roll with our web address when we win.

Have us all mutter, "Who Let the Frogs Out," whenever we're out shopping so people will ask us what we're saying and we can tell them about the blog.

If all that fails, I think we’d have to go with our best blogger showing off for the ladies.




If you’re not into that bad boy image, however, perhaps you like a frog with a sense of style. Our frog is versatile and aims to please!


Whatever your preference, I think this blog could be “un-frog-ettable” with just a little word of mouth from our "fly" bloggers. And of course, our loyal cool beans readers.


As Ice T might say, “That’s pimpin’”


9 Comments:

At 7/09/2009 2:13 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Just do what Rob does and write a post with current event celebrities. Just mentioning their names should provide a search engine push.

If you can work:
Paris Hilton
Lindsay Lohan
Britney Spears
Miley Cyrus
(Michael Jackson?)
into a post, the traffic is sure to go up. ;)

 
At 7/09/2009 2:15 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Excellent ideas, Julie. I personally want to see Rob start sporting a little froggy bling.

 
At 7/09/2009 2:21 PM, Blogger Taffy said...

Wow, you are the marketing queen, Julie!
I'll use of your suggestions for my blog, only, like, Taffy Candy instead of frogs. hmmmmmm Never mind. It's just not the same

 
At 7/09/2009 2:59 PM, Blogger brandt said...

This wouldn't be in response to the Niblet voting going on now would it?

 
At 7/09/2009 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can count on me! I'll link it up on my blog! (The froggy races was a hilarious mental image.) =]

 
At 7/09/2009 6:20 PM, Blogger Kelsi Rose said...

I tell my friend to come and read the frog blog, but they never listen to me, oh well, their loss.

 
At 7/09/2009 6:53 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Jon, I think I'll leave that to Rob. He has a knack for getting those impossible-to-get interviews! ;)

Tristi, that's exactly my point. I bet a lot of people are wanting to see Rob in frog bling and it would help the blog! Kill two birds with one stone, I say!

Taffy, that made me think of a Taffy pull and people pulling on your arms and legs. Haha. What a visual.

Brandt, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I don't know what Niblet voting is going on. Is it for best looking frog? If it is, I think we would win for sure!

L.T. and Kelsi Rose, you are sweet! Go over to Taffy's blog and pull her legs! Haha. Just kidding. Sort of.

Thanks for all the comments!

 
At 7/09/2009 11:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Sigh. I'm never going to live this old woman reputation down. I thought it was only in Hollywood that a woman in her thirties was considered ancient, but the Frog Blog might just be beating them out! :) Maybe I should consider Botox.

 
At 7/10/2009 7:50 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

I think Janette Rallison tries to mention Edward Cullen in all of her blog posts. Funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home