Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, February 06, 2009

This is Not a Blog -- Or at Least it is Not the Blog You Hoped it Would Be

by Kerry Blair

In our continuing quest to uphold good blog etiquette, let me first thank everyone who has sent e-mails or called to tell me that Friday arrived more than sixteen hours ago. I appreciate the head's up. As my closest friends know, little things like, say, the date on the calendar, the day of the week, and/or the correct spelling of my own name often elude me these days. But in my defense, I did know it's Friday. So . . . how is everybody? An y fun plans for the weekend? Nice weather we're having here in Arizona.How 'bout those Diamondbacks? Seen any good movies lately?

Okay, no more stalling. According to site stats, we'd had 185 hits by 3:35. Assuming that a hundred of them were David Woolley, we still have a veritable host of loyal readers clamoring for a contest winner and Janette Rallison's answers to their probing, insightful (or is that inciteful?) questions.

Will you settle for half of that? Ms. Rallison is a very busy lady and I realize now that I ran the contest way too long to give her adequate time to respond. (Mea culpa, in other words.) But I can at least get the book in the mail to somebody. Let's see . . . rather than take the time to write down all the names and put them in a hat, I'll ask the pit bull to pick a number between one and fifteen. Just a sec.

She picked five. I know this because five is her favorite number. She always picks five, especially if the question is, "How many dog cookies do you think you deserve?" or "What time do you think you'll want to go out in the morning?"

Therefore, the person who asked the fifth legitimate question of Janette just won a book! I have no idea who that is. Just one more sec. I'll have to log onto the blogs from another connection to see their comments trails.

The winner is: Marta O. Smith! (This is assuming the questions about writers' age and geographical location were not seriously intended, and that nobody really reads anything Dave posts.) At any rate, the decision of the judges is final. If you have a problem with it, you may appeal to the pit bull. In person. Bring cookies.

Congrats, Marta! Send me your address and I'll send you My Fair Godmother. You'll love it!

And . . . just think . . . now I won't have to blog next week, either!

PS: I didn't proof this. Let's just assume that all spelling errors are Jeff's fault and that Annette will pull out her Sharpie and correct everything else for me in the comment trail.


8 Comments:

At 2/06/2009 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I should have entered more than just one question. Drats.

Congratulations, Marta.

Deb

 
At 2/06/2009 7:26 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Don't think you can get out of next week's blog that easily, Kerry! We long for our Friday Blairy God-like Mother! (Not to suggest that you would be remotely old enough to be MY mother...)

Also, what kind of cookies does Bandit prefer?

 
At 2/06/2009 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I counted correctly, Kerry, and if we accept two out of the three of Woolley's questions as being legitimate, (and I do,) I had the fifth question, and therefore I should have won the free book. I'm going to need to speak to Bandy. I think she prefers meat flavored cookies?

Deb

 
At 2/06/2009 10:15 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Deb: If Bandi can't be bribed (and she most assuredly can) you might be able to get the cat to send you my 2nd copy of My Fair Godmother in exchange for your scarf. He just loves that scarf and, seriously, how badly do you need it in Yuma?

 
At 2/06/2009 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never need it in Yuma. That's the beauty of that scarf. It's special every time I spend time in the Arizona mountains and the temps drop below fifty degrees. Of course, the only reason TDC wants the scarf is for the fringe. Dream on, kitty! I'll have to buy my own copy of the book.

 
At 2/07/2009 10:26 AM, Blogger David G. Woolley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/07/2009 5:13 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Should I feel special because not only did David sign a book for me, he wrote a personalized note inside as well?

And David- Not writing what you mean is the reason you need feed back to guide you. (and I have some of that geen juice in the fridge- would that be worth a sneek peek? just a little bribe)

 
At 2/07/2009 8:39 PM, Blogger J Scott Savage said...

Kerry,

I will gladly take all credit for spelling errors. And Woolley, old bud, you're worrying me with all the Jeff questions. You're not becoming a Farworld groupie are you?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home