Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Servant to a King (i.e., The Ammon Book)

by Sariah S. Wilson



When Isabel’s father offers her hand to a Nephite, she’s shocked and angry—and when the offer is refused, she’s utterly furious. How dare this Ammon refuse to marry the beautiful eldest daughter of King Lamoni! There could only be one explanation for this unforgivable dishonor: Ammon must be a spy.

Isabel closely watches her enemy, expecting to find evidence of treachery, but instead she finds evidence of loyalty, bravery, and kindness. Afraid to admit her growing affection for Ammon, Isabel hides her true feelings behind a headstrong façade. Yet when the vile Lamanite prince Mahlon threatens to take her as a bride and wrest the kingdom from Lamoni, Isabel must choose between her pride and her life. Meanwhile, the risks of love test Ammon’s faith and courage as never before.

Will Ammon thwart the marriage of Isabel and Mahlon before it’s too late? And could a Lamanite princess and a Nephite prince really live happily ever after?


So here it is - my new book. I just got the cover and apparently it comes out in two weeks.

I have to say I'm loving the back cover copy (the bolded text above). I've never been very good at this sort of thing (and really admire when others can boil a book down to a couple of paragraphs, so big kudos to whomever came up with it), and I think this one makes my book sound pretty exciting! I think I love the last line the best though. Because you know how I am about happily ever afters.

It is currently available for pre-order over at Deseret. This should be the first in a four book series with the sons of Mosiah (although they'll all be stand alones, they will have characters from each of the books making cameos).

But my current work in progress for Covenant is not a Book of Mormon book. I'm trying my hand at a historical romance set in a completely different time period (and another one of my favorite eras). We'll see how that goes. I also have an idea for a contemporary LDS series that I'd love to take a crack at if time ever permits.

And yes, this is my "The Nephite Who Loved Me" book. I still think that title could have worked.


12 Comments:

At 6/21/2008 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Sariah. I have to admit, I real"ly" like the historical idea you bring out about Ammon being the son of a king from a royal family. Usually he's thought of as a missionary. That's a cool little twist along with the "Spy who loved me".

Maybe it could have worked. Call your editor. Stop the press.

Ly

 
At 6/21/2008 11:32 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

Fun cover, Sariah. I'm looking forward to our Author Interview.

 
At 6/22/2008 1:24 AM, Blogger Melanie Goldmund said...

Mmm, the biceps on that man! *cough cough* I mean, yes, excellent summary on the back cover, really piques my interest.

Which completely different time period are you thinking of for your current work in progress? I've forgotten what your other favourite era is. And will you be having a contest for readers to win a free copy of [i]Servant to a King[/i]? Not that I'm hinting or anything, not me, Mrs. Scrooge, no indeed.

 
At 6/22/2008 5:31 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

Ly - Thanks. I remember having a similar experience when I read some Star Wars fiction (set after the first three (middle three now, I guess) and they referred to Princess Leia as Lady Vader. It's like it never even registered for me that Darth Vader was also Leia's father because the emphasis was always on Luke. I didn't do that intentionally, but I do think the prince side of the sons of Mosiah does get overlooked, which is too bad, because I think it does shape the sort of men they were. Their lives would have been very different than the majority of Nephites at the time.

I will hopefully have the interview to you soon, Marsha. :D

Melanie, I agree that they did a good job with the Ammon and the hero-ness of him in picking a model, but I could have done without the wrong continent head covering. ;)

I should be having a contest for this book. My intention is to have one. Whether or not I do actually have one is the bigger question, I suppose.

 
At 6/22/2008 7:25 PM, Blogger Karlene said...

That's great. I have a DB gift certificate. Now I know what I'll be using it for... :)

 
At 6/22/2008 7:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

How exciting! I love the premise of the book, and the cover is eye-catching.

 
At 6/22/2008 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so who did they get to pose for the photos on your cover. The costume people did a great job and so did the casting director. Did Margaret do this or did you find them in your own ward.

Ly

 
At 6/23/2008 12:54 AM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

I love it!

My gosh, woman, you must be the fastest writer on the planet. But since I'm still reading a little faster than you're writing, so get back to work.

 
At 6/23/2008 1:49 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Cool cover!

 
At 6/23/2008 2:13 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Congrats on the new book!!!

 
At 6/23/2008 7:14 PM, Blogger Terry Neff Allen said...

I bought your last book and everyone has read it in my family except for me! Now you have another one that sounds great. I need a bigger book budget!

 
At 6/24/2008 12:34 AM, Blogger Seagulljaap said...

When is the release date?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home