Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The No More Procrastination Contest (Should Have Been Sugar and Spice)

by Sariah S. Wilson

Last October, when “Desire of Our Hearts” came out, I intended to run a contest. Then stuff happened. Time passed and more stuff happened. I kept imposing new deadlines for myself to start this contest up, but life refused to let me. So now here I am toward the end of January and still needing to run a contest for this book.

So starting on January 21 and running to February 21, each day I will be giving away a small gift bag that includes vanilla bath salts in a pretty purple glass bottle, a stress reliever in the shape of a chili pepper, and other little fun stuff that represent the Sugar and Spice relationship of Sam and Alma in “Desire of Our Hearts.” (Said prizes make a lot more sense if you have read the book.) On the last two days of the contest, in addition to the gift bag I will also give away an autographed copy of “Desire of Our Hearts.”

Only members of my newsletter will be the winner will be eligible to win for the first five days of the contest, and it will be a newsletter member who will win one of the two copies of the book (so good luck to those who are already members, and there’s an incentive for non-members to join my newsletter list. I promise not to inundate you – I think last year I sent out one newsletter).

You can go here to my website to enter the contest.


3 Comments:

At 1/21/2008 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I entered. Great contest, Sariah.

 
At 1/22/2008 1:22 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

I'm not clear on what the contest is. Is it just a drawing from the pool? (Or a blatant attempt to get more readers for your newsletter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

 
At 1/22/2008 4:03 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

Thanks, Anne! You're so nice - always commenting on my posts. (The check's in the mail, BTW.) ;)

The contest is just a giveaway, with priority being given to my current newsletter members (although you can sign up and get that same priority!), and to whoever else wants to enter. I'll draw names from those that enter the contest. You are not automatically part of my newsletter from entering. You'd have to go to the newsletter section to join up for that.

And pretty much every author contest is a blatant attempt to get more readers for their newsletter. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home