Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Super Secret Project

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Well I’ve been working on a super secret project for a couple of months now. No one knows about it except my family and a few close friends. It’s one of those kind of projects where you feel like you might jinx it if you tell too many people about it, you know? But today I am going to let you in on my secret.

When I first realized what I was going to be doing, I was surprised because I didn’t know if I could do it. I’m a mother of six with two cats and a dog to boot, juggling my teaching career and writing career. It was a little scary to me to be starting something like this. I knew that if everything went as planned, this new project would totally change my life and everything I had anticipated. I would have to proceed carefully.

A few of my family members were concerned when they heard about my new project, because I’ve had previous health conditions, and they wondered if it was wise to start a project of this magnitude since it can often be stressful. I admit, I was a little concerned myself, but I wanted to trust in the Lord, to trust that He knows what's best. I do know that this is a miracle and sometimes I can hardly believe it's happening to me. Especially now. Still, I’ve been worried. The kind of worry that makes you weepy, happy, and sick to your stomach all at the same time.

Have you guessed what it is yet?

Because it looks like the project is a go, I’ve been starting to stock up on some of the materials I’ll need to see the project through. Remember how I said I’d gone through and organized my house recently and decided to get rid of a lot of things? I’m sort of regretting that now. But, on the other hand, it’s fun to get new materials. I’m definitely going to need them.

And, if you really want to know the truth, I haven’t been able to spend much time at the computer the last couple of months. Some days I am just overcome with the new project. Yesterday was the first day I’ve even written anything beyond my weekly blog. Sometimes, when I can clear my mind of what this new project means to me, I still think of my story that I’m working on. But mostly, I can’t think of much beyond the new project.

Have you guessed what it is yet?


Psst. Come closer. Let me whisper it in your ear.


A little closer.


Come on, I won’t bite you! Although I am a little hungry since I haven’t been able to eat a full meal for many, many weeks. *wink wink*


Yep, you guessed it. My super secret project is that I am going to have a baby in late summer if all goes well.


Please pray for me that it does.


12 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 11:51 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Congratulations!

 
At 1/31/2008 12:00 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Oh, Julie! That's the very best super secret project you could possibly share! All my thoughts and prayers are with you. I just know this one will be as much of a success as all the rest of your endeavors in that line! (You have great genetic material to work with, you know!) :-)

 
At 1/31/2008 12:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Julie, what wonderful news! Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

 
At 1/31/2008 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please accept my congratulations too, Julie. I discovered a long time ago that rearing a child is life's greatest adventure. By now I'm sure you know that being a parent isn't for sissies, but big rewards don't usually come at the end of an easy road. Enjoy the journey. You'll definitely be in my prayers.

 
At 1/31/2008 12:29 PM, Blogger Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Congratulations, Julie! I'll pray for you too, that all goes well. Good luck with all of your projects!

Nancy Allen

 
At 1/31/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie Humphreys said...

Wow! That's great news. Congratulations!

 
At 1/31/2008 3:55 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

That is the most incredibly wonderful news, Julie. Congratulations!

 
At 1/31/2008 4:15 PM, Blogger Worldbuilder Robin said...

I guessed it. Does that mean I win?

Congratulations!

 
At 1/31/2008 4:17 PM, Blogger Karlene said...

Congratulations! That's great news.

 
At 1/31/2008 6:27 PM, Blogger Marcia Mickelson said...

Congrats! That's super news!

 
At 1/31/2008 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your well wishes everyone! You're all wonderful.

Julie Bellon

 
At 2/01/2008 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wahoooo, Julie! That's lovely news. Your family will be so excited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home