Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Just Flew Back from Utah (Michael McLean Drives a Ford Focus)

by Sariah S. Wilson

And boy are my arms tired! Yours would be too if you'd had to hold a squirmy 4-month-old on a 3 1/2 hour flight.

Needless to say, I am totally exhausted.

I was excited to do my first Utah signings, and a special thank you to Karen Hoover and Heather (AKA H.B.) Moore for stopping by to say hello to me. I have chosen to forgive all the slackers who said they'd come and didn't. I've decided that you can make it up to me by buying one of my books. ;)

I also enjoyed getting to meet Jennie Hansen and Stephanie Fowers, and getting to gaze upon LDS greats like John Bytheway (who did a Barney Fife impersonation that had me rolling it was so accurate) and Michael McLean (who, as I said in the title, drives a Ford Focus. I was waiting in the parking lot for my ride, and I saw him come out. I thought about going to say hi to him, but felt lame because all I could think of to say was that my mom was a fan, so didn't say anything but did note that he drove off in a Ford Focus. Isn't that what Hiro drove in Season 1 of "Heroes?" I think that's why it stood out to me.).

I got to show off my new very own Nephite/Lamanite sword that I will post more info about soon because it TOTALLY ROCKS.

And there are very few Seagulls in Utah right now that don't have an autographed copy of my new book. It was a busy, busy time and I didn't get to visit with friends and family like I wanted to or visit all the stores that I wanted to.

My sisters also deserve a special thank you for all the help they gave me while I was in Utah. They let me stay with them (one gave up her room) and acted as my chauffeurs while I was out there and helped me with all my signings (and I loved meeting all the Seagull employees - I had a really fun time!).

But in case any of you have been waiting on pins and needles, yes, you can now in fact buy "Desire of Our Hearts" at your closest Seagull. Tell them Sariah sent you.


9 Comments:

At 10/07/2007 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sariah- Thanks for stopping by our store and for leaving us some cookies. We appreciate you coming by and we will remember that the next time someone asks for a suggestion for a book! :)

Jacob

 
At 10/07/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Josi said...

If I lived closer, I'd have been there. I'm glad it was a good weekend and hope you got some sleep when you got home. congrats on book 2!

 
At 10/08/2007 1:04 AM, Blogger wom said...

I am so sorry, I had forgot...I really wanted to meet you. I will keep watching to see when you come to Utah again. I am getting your book. Do you live in Utah?

 
At 10/08/2007 3:11 AM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Sariah,

Glad it was fun. I would have come to see you in AF, but forgot it was during the Priesthood session. By the time I could have made it up to AF you would have been gone.

Jeff

 
At 10/08/2007 12:41 PM, Blogger Karen E. Hoover said...

It was great fun seeing you. Wish we could have visited longer. Your sword really is awesome. I was telling my husband about it. Very, VERY cool!

 
At 10/08/2007 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also looking foward to meeting you, but ... well ... ditto what Jeff said.

Glad it all went well.

BJ Rowley

 
At 10/08/2007 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to meet you,too. I wish I could have stayed to hear you speak, but I've got this deadline . . . Anyway your daughter is a doll.

 
At 10/08/2007 3:02 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Definitely catching you next time, Sariah!

 
At 10/08/2007 10:58 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Hey, Sariah. That sword was so cool. I'm going to get myself one and hide it from my kids (because they aren't allowed to play with swords. heh. heh.)

Everyone can be jealous that I have an autographed copy of your book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home