Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bless Us One and All

As Sariah, Stephanie, and Julie have so eloquently pointed out, Christmas is a time when we surround ourselves with family and friends. Naturally, then, I’m worried about the Frog.

I hate to suggest fowl play (seen any hungry birds around the blog bog?) or say I toad you so, but I do worry. Frog hasn’t posted for months. He hasn’t commented for weeks. Saddest of all, he didn’t even send a Christmas card. (At least he didn’t send one to me.)

Fortunately, I still have Kermit. Every year we watch Jimmy Stewart in It’s a Wonderful Life and Kermit the Frog in The Muppet Christmas Carol. I simply can’t “do” Christmas without Jimmy, Kermit, and at least one story from President Monson. My favorite song from the The Muppet Christmas Carol is the prayer the Cratchit family sings around their humble table. I’ve heard it at least a hundred times (my daughter has the CD) but every time it makes me cry.

So here -- in the words of my second favorite Frog -- is my Christmas wish for everyone who’s dropped by Six LDS Writers & a Frog this year:

Bless us all, that as we live,
We always comfort and forgive
We have so much that we can share
With those in need we see around us everywhere.

Let us always love each other.
Lead us to the Light.
Let us hear the voice of reason, singing in the night.
Let us run from anger, and catch us when we fall.
Teach us in our dreams and please, yes please,
Bless us one and all

Muppets Christmas Carol,
Lyrics by Paul Williams


2 Comments:

At 12/22/2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

What a poignant song, Kerry. You're very sweet to take the time to post it when you're so worried about the Frog.

Here Froggie, Froggie! Come back to us, Froggie!

There, does that help any?

 
At 12/22/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Your frog blog was very touching, warts and all. I cried as I ribbit on my think pad. I think we'd better hop to it and organize a search party on the fly. I hope the poor guy didn't croak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home