Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rocky Mountain High: UPDATE

Last night my wife was already at her wit's end, what with three days of camping with two children under four (and with no husband to help during the day, since I was working). Also: very little sleep, as I mentioned before. Also: lots of other stressful things.

So, around 11:00pm, my son woke up, crying. Erin got him to back to sleep. Then at 1:00am my daughter started having night terrors. (If you haven't heard of them, they're about the raddest thing in all the rad world. Basically, is like sleepwalking, except you're having a nightmare. So, she sits up and thrashes around, and screams and screams -- and you can't wake her up or calm her down. She used to get them all the time, but now it's only about once a month.) So, with that going on, my son woke up, gave in to peer pressure, and started screaming too.

So, at 1:40am, we piled in the car, and left, pausing only momentarily to dust my feet off on that crappy camp. (Not really.)

This afternoon I'm heading back up the canyon to fetch all the stuff we abandoned in our hurried flight. After that, I think I'll be legally dissolving all ties with my family, my wife's family, and anyone else that could possibly invite us to another reunion.


2 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Marion Jensen said...

Ha! This afternoon all your stuff is going to be gone. Thanks for the heads up that your camping gear is sitting up there all alone.

I'll tell your family(or is it your family-in law), that I'm your personal assistant or something.

Hope all the batteries are fresh.

 
At 8/11/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Karlene said...

My son used to have night terrors. Those were so frightening. I found that if I put him in a warm bath, he'd calm down really quickly--it was a very gentle way to relax him and help him wake up. We just filled the tub and eased him into the warm water, jammies and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home