Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Top Ten Books for 2010

by Julie Coulter Bellon

It seems that the trend this week has been to post what your top ten books of 2010 were that you read. I think I shall do the same, but I couldn’t choose between Josi Kilpack’s Key Lime Pie and Devil’s Food Cake, so they are tied. Or, you could say I posted my top eleven. Whichever makes you happy. So here we go:

Cold As Ice by Stephanie Black was one of the creepiest books I read all year. Loved how it kept me guessing!

Wrong Number by Rachelle Christensen had suspense and romance and was really well done for the author’s debut novel.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins was a good ending to the series. I didn’t love all the violence, but she did tie up everything with a few surprising twists and turns.

A Time to Die by Jeff Savage was the book I’d been waiting years to read and it was well worth the wait. I love Shandra mysteries and hope there are many more to come.

Alma the Younger by H.B. Moore was a riveting book and really made me think about Alma and his life. I just love books that I think about long after I’ve put them down.

Between the Lines by Erin Klingler was a book with romance and intrigue including a nicely layered plot with likable characters. Can’t wait for her next book!

Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah Eden makes me smile whenever I think about it. I loved the author’s style of writing, her humor, the way she writes the time period, I love everything about this book. This is a book I will read again and again just to remember all the good parts.

Key Lime Pie and Devil’s Food Cake by Josi Kilpack are books I have a hard time not gushing over. I love this series. Josi writes the main characters so well you’d think they were real and the plots are incredibly well done. I think I’ve recommended this series to everyone I know. It’s that good.

Crossfire by Traci Hunter Abramson is another in the Saint Squad series and this one features an old flame for Seth, an escalating terrorist threat, and lots of heart pounding action.

Murder by Design Betsy Brannon Green continues the story of Kennedy Killingsworth and it has all of Betsy’s southern charm with a mystery woven in between. It totally sucks you in and keeps you reading all night.

What I’m Reading Now

I’m going to start the new year off right by reading Sarah Eden’s new book The Kiss of a Stranger, Traci Hunter Abramson’s new book, Smokescreen, Cross My Heart by Julie Wright and I will be first in line to get Josi Kilpack’s new Blackberry Crumble. I got Decision Points by George W. Bush for Christmas so I am reading that, as well as the How to Train Your Dragon series that I’m reading with my son. I think 2011 is going to be a great year for books and I can’t wait. Did all of you make a top ten list of books that you read in 2010? What were your top picks?


4 Comments:

At 12/30/2010 11:06 PM, Blogger Shanda said...

We do like a lot of the same books. :) I'm sure that if I had been able to read more of the books in my to-read pile, they would have made it onto my top ten list for this year. Instead, they'll have to wait until next year.

First on my to-read list for 2011 are Cross My Heart, The Kiss of a Stranger, Courting Miss Lancaster, Band of Sisters, among several others. I am in book heaven right now, surrounded by so many books I want to read RIGHT NOW that I can't decide which one to read first!

Shanda :)
http://ldswbr.blogspot.com

 
At 12/31/2010 1:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Julie, I'm thrilled that you included Cold as Ice on your top 10 list! Thank you so much!

 
At 12/31/2010 5:33 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

I've read most of those and have loved them!

 
At 1/03/2011 10:50 PM, Blogger Rachelle Christensen said...

Julie--you just made my week! I love your list and several of those are on my to-read list. It's so hard to choose favorites for books, I just love reading so many--when I post my list it'll probably have more than ten also. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home