Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baby Love

by Julie Coulter Bellon

I wanted to thank Stephanie for posting my baby news for me last week. Last week is a week I will never forget. I know that the many prayers that were offered for me were answered because of the miracle I experienced during my son’s birth. We were having some complications and knew the baby had to come by C-section because he was breech, but at the last moment, well, some things happened that even modern technology can’t explain and we didn’t have to have a C-section after all. For me, there is no other explanation except that it was a miracle, and I am so grateful and still having tender feelings about the entire thing. It was such a sweet moment for me, to be so close to heaven in bringing this little baby into the world. I can hardly think about it without getting all weepy. For most of the week since his birth, I haven’t done much except marvel at him. I think I could just stare at his sweet baby face all day. There is nothing better than a newborn baby. Their fresh-from-heaven smell when you nuzzle their neck, their eyes that seem to want to take in everything at once, and the love that they bring to a family is a feeling that is unsurpassed.

Because of this development in my life, I have no writing advice for you this week. I know you have been greatly fed with Jeff and Stephanie, so I don’t feel that bad about it. I did want to share with you the lyrics to the song, “Smile,” by Uncle Kracker because it totally describes how I’m feeling with all this baby love around me right now. Thank you for all of your support and prayers. Frog bloggers and commenters on this blog are definitely the best.

Smile
By Uncle Kracker

You're better then the best
I'm lucky just to linger in your light
Cooler than the flip side
Of my pillow, that's right

Completely unaware
Nothing can compare to where
You send me, lets me know that it's okay
Yeah, it's okay
And the moments where my good times start to fade

You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed
Sing like bird, dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night

You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

Even when you're gone,
Somehow you come along just like
A flower pokin' through the sidewalk crack
And just like that
You steal away the rain, and just like that

You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed
Sing like bird, dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night

You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

Don't know how I lived without you
'Cause every time that I get around you
I see the best of me inside your eyes
You make me smile

You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild

You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed
Sing like bird, dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night

You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile
(Oh, you make me smile)
Oh, you make me smile
(Oh, you make me smile)


10 Comments:

At 10/28/2010 2:14 PM, Blogger Traci Hunter Abramson said...

Julie-
Congrats on the new baby. I'm so glad you got your miracle(s)!

 
At 10/28/2010 2:39 PM, Blogger Michael Knudsen said...

Great song choice, Julie. Best wishes for your speedy recovery. Enjoy that baby boy!

 
At 10/28/2010 4:30 PM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

Really great Julie. I feel the same about our little grandson. What treasures these little children are. They are true gifts from our Heavenly Father. Ahh, dang it, now I'm getting all weepy too.

Charlie

 
At 10/28/2010 9:41 PM, Blogger Taffy said...

I'm so glad things worked out!

 
At 10/28/2010 9:50 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

I'm so very glad he's here at last, Julie! I've been praying for you and yours every single day. I can't wait to see a picture! (Hint. Hint.)

Love the lyrics! Thanks!

Now go back to gazing at that little miracle and basking in the great love (and approbation) of your Father.

 
At 10/28/2010 10:42 PM, Blogger C. Michelle Jefferies said...

Congrats on the new little baby. I am SO glad you didnt have to have a section. What a blessing that is. I( totally agree with you about being closer to heaven. I felt the same way when I had Elias.
Michelle

 
At 10/28/2010 11:18 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

Enjoy this new gift from heaven. Stare at his sweet face until you can't hold your eyes open. Gently run the palm of your hand over his small head and drink in the sensations of new life.

Congratulations, Julie.

 
At 10/29/2010 12:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Congratulations, Julie! So happy for you!

 
At 10/29/2010 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet post filled with happiness, gratitude, and warm fuzzies. So happy for you, Julie. Congratulations!

 
At 11/02/2010 8:32 PM, Blogger Becki said...

Congratulations Julie! I'm a bit jealous you get to hold a newborn and soak up all those heavenly feelings. I'm glad he's here and you're both safe and sound. I love the song 'Smile' - so many tender and fun ways to express what loves makes you feel. Thanks for writing the lyrics. I've never known all the words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home