Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Boy or Girl?

by Julie Coulter Bellon

Well, I just got home from my ultrasound appointment. My husband and children filed into the room, and the ultrasound lady (sonographer?) said, “Are these all your children?” I nodded and she said, “so this is number eight? You’re nuts.” (I’m used to hearing this, so I just laughed and agreed.) We started the ultrasound and the kids were getting restless, wondering when we were going to get to the “good part.” The ultrasound lady smiled and said she could just get to that part first if that’s what everyone was waiting for. So, after some maneuvering, the lady finally announced that we are having . . .

A BOY!!!

And in an odd twist of fate, my oldest daughter will have one older brother and five younger brothers, and my youngest daughter will have one younger brother and five older brothers. Which is kind of cool actually.

So we are very excited, but now my attention has turned to what we are going to name this little boy because I think I’ve definitely used up all the good “family” names already. This could be tough. But it is so exciting!

And so I put everyone who guessed a boy in a hat, and my youngest son drew a name and the winner is . . .

Heather Feather!

So, Heather, you can send me your mailing information to my email juliecoulterbellon@gmail.com and I will send you an autographed book of your choice whether it’s All’s Fair or Dangerous Connections.

Thank you to everyone for playing. It was fun and I am totally thrilled to share this moment with all of you.


10 Comments:

At 6/10/2010 5:44 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

Congrats! I assume you're naming him Rob?

 
At 6/10/2010 5:46 PM, Blogger Debra Erfert said...

Congratulations to you, for the boy, and to Heather on winning the book. May I suggest some very nice names? Sorry, they aren't French, but I loved them so much, I gave them to my sons.

Adam, Christopher, Ryan, Michael.

 
At 6/10/2010 10:38 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Congrats! I'm not suggesting a name. Taking my six-year-old grandson to school every morning convinced me I don't have a clue about current children's names.

 
At 6/11/2010 10:07 AM, Blogger Janice Sperry said...

You could name him after the prophet. Thomas Spencer or Spencer Thomas. Or pick one name from favorite prophets and mix them Gordon Albert, Wilford Taft, Harold Heber, Adam Moses, Alma Mosiah, etc. Congrats and thanks for providing the world with a slew of future missionaries. :)

 
At 6/11/2010 10:29 AM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thank you so much for your comments and for the name suggestions! I will take them all under consideration, that's for sure. Even Robison, but if the rumor is true and the child acts like his namesake, I might have to rethink that. ;)

Thanks again for sharing my moment with me. You are all wonderful. :)

 
At 6/11/2010 4:00 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Congrats on the son, but drat, I was wrong! :)

 
At 6/11/2010 5:31 PM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

Congrats!! Julie (and family). Hooray for a son. I didn't post last week due to being on vacation, but if I had I would have been half right, because my guess was girl or boy. Might as well cover the bases.

Charlie

 
At 6/12/2010 2:40 AM, Blogger Melanie Goldmund said...

I could always recommend some of the top ten names here in Kiel at the moment, which include Lucas, Finn, Leon, Tim, Maximilian, and Felix. Or there's that nice Irish name Kieran, which rolls nicely off the tongue with the last name Bellon. But I'm sure you'll come up with a good name no matter what you choose. :-)

 
At 6/12/2010 2:25 PM, Blogger Janette Rallison said...

Congrats! At least this way you won't have people telling you to name your baby Renesmee.

 
At 6/16/2010 3:27 PM, Blogger Heather P said...

Congrats! Good thing I went with my guess of the baby being a boy! I finally got on the computer this week and I'll be emailing you right now :)
As for names, I'm partial to last names for firts names for boys... like McCallister. I really like that name for some reason :)
Thanks for this fun contest and congrats again!

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home