Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top Ten Reasons for Not Blogging Today

10. Too busy celebrating the upcoming release of Julie’s new novel, Dangerous Connections.

9. I was cooking again, and it’s hard to think through the noise of the smoke detector.

8. The global warming crisis, or 7. The global warming hoax (choose one).

6. Too distracted wondering if Mr. and Mrs. Howell, et al., with their trunks full of clothes knew something one-shirt Gilligan didn’t when they packed for that three-hour tour.

5. Creeped myself out writing my new book; must hide under bed.

4. Gotta finish that wrapping paper/cookie dough/coupon book/tins o’candy fundraiser so I can raise cash to bribe the Whitney Academy.

3. I fell off one of Jeff’s cliffhangers and I can’t get up.

2. Wore freesia-scented deodorant; now have vampire stalker.

And, of course, the number one reason for not blogging today:

1. I want to be like Rob.


14 Comments:

At 2/24/2010 4:19 PM, Anonymous Jordan McCollum said...

Absolutely hilarious!

(Word verification: billbo. Cool.)

 
At 2/24/2010 4:19 PM, Anonymous T.J. said...

I laughed so hard reading this. Of course, it'd be funnier if I was a published author, but still, this was pretty good. I do a Top 10 at my blog a lot. There a lot of fun to do.

 
At 2/24/2010 4:49 PM, Blogger ali cross said...

ROFL! This was awesome ~ I needed the laugh today. Thanks!

 
At 2/24/2010 5:20 PM, Blogger Charlie Moore said...

Stephanie,

#4 - come, come, now. Surely you know you're a serious contender for a (I mean another) Whitney. That does kind of roll off the tongue, like Oscar. However, with competition like Green, Abramson, Kilpack and Luke maybe a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies may be in order. Just send them to me and I'll bribe the beeyeebers off those judges for you.

Oh, and I heard no one can be just like Rob. He has secured a patent on himself, or something.

Charlie

 
At 2/24/2010 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 made me laugh my butt off! =P

 
At 2/24/2010 7:08 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

#5 Can NOT wait! (no, seriously, I can't. Help!)

 
At 2/24/2010 8:16 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Notes to self: Never wear freesia-scented anything. Also, the less I blog, the more like Rob I am. This is could be a concern.

 
At 2/24/2010 8:27 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

There's a difference between you not blogging and me not blogging. When you do it, it's because you're lazy (or whatever; who cares). When I do it, it's performance art.

 
At 2/24/2010 10:27 PM, Blogger UTMomof4 said...

Fabulous post! Can't wait to read Dangerous Connections! And I hope your new book is really nice and creepy, I love them like that!

 
At 2/25/2010 12:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie Humphreys said...

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. Love number nine - sounds like my house.

 
At 2/25/2010 9:13 AM, Blogger Karlene said...

LOL! Seriously. :)

 
At 2/25/2010 3:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

:) Thanks, everyone.

Rob, your "performance art" should find a wide audience among the people who paid money for the four-minutes-of-silence guy, or whatever it was.

Charlie--cookies! It's brilliant!

 
At 2/26/2010 8:20 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Brilliant!

 
At 3/01/2010 9:20 PM, Blogger Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I am right there with you on the floor from Jeff's cliffhanger.

BTW, don't hide under the bed! Dan Wells said that is where the monsters hide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home