Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gotta Love HP

I really haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth. I am just waiting (not so) patiently for the power adaptor HP promised me over a week ago. The one under warranty. The one I paid for. Yeah, well thanks to the wonders of outsourcing, I am kept up to date with e-mails like this.

"Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
Reviewing the entire interaction I understand that we have created service order for your notebook AC adapter but still you have not receive AC adapter.
Due to lack of AC adapter we are unable to send you AC adapter but now we have got stock, so we will be able to send AC adapter of your notebook very soon. I apologies for the inconvenience cause to you. I hope that you understand our limitation and scope of support. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further."

Of course that was after they sent me an e-mail addressed to Annie regarding a computer I'd never heard of. Followed by this e-mail.

"Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you from our end, as the e-mail which you received was sent to you due to some tool issue or by mistake. We regret for the inconvenience caused.

This should resolve the issue. If you need furtherassistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further."

Yeah, so never mind that this is the laptop I use for my books, my school visits, my blog, my facebook. I'll just sit here with my friends and go quietly insane.





5 Comments:

At 9/22/2009 3:32 AM, Blogger Kelsi Rose said...

Out sourcing is great. It is great that you can go silently insane instead of yelling and screaming insane. Usually when I talk to the out sourced departments I get hit on and my problem never gets solved.

 
At 9/22/2009 5:02 AM, Blogger Anna Buttimore said...

I had the same experience with Vodaphone who, at this point, had lost the mobile phone I sent them for repair.

"I would se how can I help you.
Anna [since when are we on first name terms?], I have checked the notes on your account and can see that no postal repair is been offered to you. If you have received the envelop of postal repair please get back to me with the IMEI of the phone [Can't - it's written under the battery copmpartment of the phone, which they have lost]. As given information about the postal address you can contact the royal nail [I think he means Royal Mail] for further assistance of the delivery of the envelop.

I trust the above information is of help. I've also attached a short customer feedback questionnaire and would really appreciate your thoughts to help us improve our service and I can assure you, this will be treated in confidence."

Needless to say, my feedback was not good.

We now have a policy in our house. When making any major purchase or signing any contract, we refuse if the company in question have a call centre outside the British Isles.

 
At 9/22/2009 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do love Harry Potter, good stuff...

At least if they are going to outsource their customer service, make sure they can speak english. It really gives them a bad image. I don't think I've ever had problems with Dell, I think most of the people I've dealt with have been on U.S. soil. I might be just lucky though, or maybe I've only dealt with Dell business.

 
At 9/22/2009 6:00 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

I have an HP, too, and when something breaks, I go get it fixed instead of trying to go through them. And then my wife says, "I bet it was still under warranty!" And then I say, yes, but it's working now and isn't that great? Sorry, dude, I've been there before. As Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. =)

 
At 9/23/2009 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not super friends with HP right now. We've been fighting for a year+.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home