Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Take that, Rob Wells!

The problem with sharing a blog with inspiring, funny, talented, people is that you really have to dig to find your niche. I know, I’ll blog about LDSBA. Yeah, right. How do I compete with pictures of Annette Lyon passed out in the lobby in a drunken stupor? Maybe I’ll be the guy who knows how to make amazing parade floats. Taken. Maybe I can talk about using coupons to finance an entire house. Nope. Maybe I can line up cool guest bloggers? Maybe I can talk about why Canada really is a country? Maybe I can make my outfits match my book covers? You see my problem?

When you have your own blog you only have to write something slightly funny and compared to your normal stuff it’s hilarious. If you throw in a few words like loyalty and grit, and maybe include a picture of a flag or Albert Einstein, you’re inspirational. Mention ketchup chips and everyone thinks you’re hip on international cuisine.

I know what you’re thinking, at least you can write about your books. Nope. Rob even beat me to that—complete with pithy covers. Ahh, but I do have one last card up my sleeve. On my personal blog, jscottsavage.blogspot.com, I blogged last Friday about the inside illustrations for Land Keep. If you haven’t seen them, you should drop by. Brandon Dorman is a total stud. It’s worth writing the books just to see what he does with the art. But here at the frog blog I am debuting the new cover for Land Keep. Let’s see Wells beat that!


This is the front cover. That's right pigs fly in this book!




And this is the artwork that will wrap all the way around back!

So what do you think? Does it beat Swamp Keep? Cry your eyes out Rob Wells!

(Contest update. If you commented on the blog when I did the contest for Shandra and Land Keep and e-mailed me about getting a copy e-mailed to you, I haven’t forgotten. Lisa promised me that tomorrow I will have the final Land Keep PDF to send out to you. Shandra is undergoing a couple of last minute revisions and I will also get those out this week.)


14 Comments:

At 8/10/2009 8:11 PM, Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow, the new cover is really stunning!

I'll let you in on a little secret though. Ketchup chips have got nothing on All Dressed. I'll bring some to the next Storymaker's conference. Yum.

And I'll give you a BIG bag, and just get a wee little one for Rob. Redress the balance, as it were.

 
At 8/10/2009 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you post the first chapter online so the rest of us little people can read the opening?

 
At 8/10/2009 8:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Gorgeous cover, Jeff! My son will be so excited to know your book is coming soon.

 
At 8/10/2009 9:50 PM, Blogger J Scott Savage said...

Kimberly,
I'm holding you to that.

Anon,
Absolutely!

Stephanie,
Your son rocks!

 
At 8/10/2009 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a GORGEOUS cover! And what's a book without a flying pig? And lions with spears? What can possibly beat that?! Nothing!

 
At 8/10/2009 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm holding you to it! Will you post the link here?

 
At 8/10/2009 11:17 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Brandi saw the cover and she and Ethan are already arguing over who gets to read it first!

 
At 8/11/2009 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see great composition and beautiful,dark earthy colors. If the fierce characters on the cover are true to the story, then this will be a breathtaking read. I also love the picture of Rob. Too creative.

Deb

 
At 8/11/2009 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 beautiful and talented sisters - I know about being the underling...
Wow! Your cover art is amazing! I love it!
- And thanks for the update on the contest, I have been feeling a bit slighted...

Pat

 
At 8/11/2009 1:52 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

Oh yeah? Well the cover to my upcoming book is going to be REALLY awesome. Like, way more awesome than yours. I just need to write the book, and then get a publisher, and then hope I get a good artist. But THEN you'll be sorry.

 
At 8/12/2009 12:33 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

This cover is gorgeous, Jeff.

 
At 8/12/2009 12:58 AM, Blogger Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I love the cover! It makes me even more excited to read the book!!

 
At 8/12/2009 5:46 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

Great cover!!

 
At 8/18/2009 11:18 PM, Blogger Julie Wright said...

your cover is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home