Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Arkansas (You Run Deep In Me)

by Robison Wells

I'm leaving in a few moments to head to The Natural State, The Land of Opportunity, The Bear State, The Wonder State, and The Razorback State. What's that you say? How could I be visiting all of those states at once? Because they're all the same magical place! I know!

Here are some clues: the state beverage is milk, the state musical instrument is the fiddle, the state soil is the Stuttgart Soil Series, and the South Arkansas Vine Ripe Pink Tomato is both the state fruit and state vegetable! I know!

Anyway, I don't have time to blog today, because I'm apparently doing something very important that won't let me pause for five minutes to write a decent blog. So, instead, here's a song from the Broadway musical Big River:

Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
Well, I ain't never traveled much
But someday when the money's such
I'd like to see the world and all
And take a run through Arkansas

I'd like to get my picture took
And put in it my memory book
And someday hang it on my wall
To say that I'd seen Arkansas

Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas

Grandpa he has always good
I'd play horsey on his foot
He'd tell me when I'd get tall
We'd both go see Arkansas
Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas

Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
I just love ole Arkansas



I'll be back next week. Or will I?


6 Comments:

At 11/18/2008 4:09 PM, Blogger pwells said...

Glad you love yer ma!

 
At 11/18/2008 4:17 PM, Blogger David G. Woolley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11/18/2008 4:26 PM, Blogger David G. Woolley said...

Rob:

Does this mean your mother is fron Arkansas? Who knew?

Would you please include a phonetic spelling of the state. How can we read this blog outloud?

Kerry Blair insists its Our-Kansas. With the down market she's taking advantage of real estate deals. Is it legal to sell what she's posted at the Whitney Auction? I feel a congressional investigation lurking. Kerry Fannie Mae Blair.

Stephanie Black says its Our-Can-Sass? She's just that way.

I overheard Nancy Cambell Allen reading your blog. Outloud. She's a lip reader. Very slow. Mouths everything. She pronounced it Our-Can-SASE? Forgive her. She's doing another multiple submission of her latest manuscript. Fifty seven publishers in the same mailing. Someone needs to tell her she's already done the Civil War once. No. Twice. Wait. Three times.

Please help these people.

Dave Woolley

 
At 11/18/2008 5:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Hey, I used to live in Our-Can-Sass. Say hi to the old stomping grounds for me.

 
At 11/18/2008 7:25 PM, Blogger Jon Spell said...

Don't you hate it when people leave out crucial explanations? Like WHY are you going to Are-Can-Saw (and yet, it's Tex-Are-Canna ?) and doggone it, I want to hear about the new book!!!!1!11one

 
At 11/19/2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Marion Jensen said...

You gave it away when you mentioned Stuttgart Soil Series. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home