Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, July 07, 2008

Tour, Tour, Tour

Hope everybody had a great weekend. I had a chance to hang with most of the relatives on my side of the family, cooking burgers and shooting off fireworks. And I only came away with a few minor burns on the backs of my hands and one on top of my head. Okay, so maybe I stay a little too long trying to light just one more firework as the others are starting up. For those of you sending me questions, I’m catching up as fast as I can. But keep them coming because I’m having a ball answering them.

I just heard from my publisher that the blue lines are done and the books are actually in the process of being printed and bound. I’ve got a book show signing scheduled for early August and they are hoping I’ll have hard copies by then. Whoo hoo! Can’t wait. I’m even officially listed on Shadow Mountain’s web site. No reviews from the big boys yet, but all the feedback I’m getting is positive. The only real negative I’m hearing is that the pace of book one is so fast there is not as much time to get to know the characters and the Dark Circle as people would like.

I don’t plan to slow down the pace in book two, but I am going to provide a lot more meat to Kyja, Marcus, and the bad guys. In a way it is shaping up a little like HP 4, which was my favorite HP book. The plan is to get it to my editor by the end of August/Early September. Speaking of early September, we are finalizing the two week book tour and should have firm dates and locations soon.

Here are the newest reviews on the tour.

Jewel from Jewel’s World who I had the pleasure of writing a blurb for recently. If you haven’t read her blog, you should. She really is a jewel.

KT at What KT Reads wrote a great review and will be doing a Q&A soon.

Sandra, Ethan, and James at The Dance went rafting on the Provo River with me. Which was a ball, until James pushed me out of the raft. We’re going to have words.

Danyelle of Queen of the Clan and I got to hang in her newly remodeled kitchen. (check out the pics of it!)

Candace Salima and I hung out in her newly remodeled blog at Dream a Little Dream.

And Christine at She Reads Books gave me a review of more than her first six word review.

Wait, just added one more!! How could I have forgotten my trek into the Australian Outback with the lovely and talented, T. For her blog You Asked For It? It was a lot of fun.

Thanks everybody! You all are awesome!!!!


4 Comments:

At 7/07/2008 11:26 PM, Blogger Becky said...

That's great news. Does this mean it is going to come out sooner that scheduled? I noticed that the release date on Jewel's World was August 8th, is this right? If it is I am so excited!

 
At 7/07/2008 11:32 PM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Nope. It's still officially scheduled for the first week of September. Sorry :(

 
At 7/08/2008 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, mine's up too at www.freshmanforpresident.com under the "blog" tab.

 
At 7/14/2008 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are excited about Farworld, and I am a little too. However, I am dying (no pun intended) to know about A Time to Die. My family and I have been waiting for a year to know if Bobby dies or not and your title isn't giving me much hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home