Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ta-Da! I Have Something to Show You . . .

by Julie Coulter Bellon

As most of you know, I changed publishing companies last summer and have been working on getting my new novel out. Well, I finally have something to share with the class.

My new book cover! Ta-da!



Dr. Brandon Shepherd is finishing out his tour of duty at a small medical outpost in al-Qaim, Iraq. During an emergency evacuation of two wounded soldiers, the helicopter carrying him and his colleague, Dr. Rachel Fielding, is shot down and they are captured by insurgents. They are chained to a wall and faced with an impossible choice. Can they escape before they are forced to do something no patriotic American would ever do?

Back in the States, political opponents Kristen Shepherd and Ryan Jameson are squaring off over a heated campaign. When Kristen finds out her brother Brandon has been kidnapped, both Kristen and Ryan band together and use all of their political connections to find him. They soon find themselves swept up in international intrigue that could cause Kristen to lose everything she holds dear. Will she risk it all to bring her family together once again?

All's Fair is a book of suspense, adventure and romance that will keep you guessing until the last page. Is all really fair in love and war? Only you can decide.

It's set for release this summer and I can't wait for all of you to read it.


13 Comments:

At 3/06/2008 12:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie Humphreys said...

Love the cover! I can't wait until it comes out.

 
At 3/06/2008 12:54 PM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Looks awesome Julie. And I happen to know it is a great read!

 
At 3/06/2008 1:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Fantastic cover, Julie! Congratulations!

 
At 3/06/2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks Stephanie, Jeff, and Stephanie! I'm so glad you like the cover. I think it's really striking and I love the colors. They really did a great job with it. :)

 
At 3/06/2008 1:41 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

Very eye-catching.

 
At 3/06/2008 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cover and the teaser sounds intriguing. Something tells me the Whitneys are going to be hard to narrow down this year.

 
At 3/06/2008 4:26 PM, Blogger Marsha Ward said...

Great cover, Julie!

 
At 3/06/2008 4:39 PM, Blogger Heather Moore said...

It looks great, Julie. Congrats on the upcoming release. Can't wait to read it.

 
At 3/06/2008 6:06 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks Tristi, Jennie, Marsha and Heather. I'm thrilled you thought it looked good!

Jennie, I'm so glad you thought the teaser sounded intriguing. Part of me can't wait for you to read it. :)

 
At 3/06/2008 6:20 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Julie, honest, the only thing more intriguing and compelling than the cover is the story! What is the release date? I want to circle it six times on my calendar.

I LOVE the cover! I just forwarded it to Matt. He's in Japan at the moment, but has volunteered for yet another tour to you-know-where.

A new baby and a new book! I'm so thrilled for you I could just burst.

 
At 3/06/2008 6:25 PM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Kerry, it's set for release in July. It seems so far away, but I know it will go fast. A book release one month and a baby the next. I think it will be a busy summer! :)

I am DYING to know what Matt thinks of it so you'll have to pass his comments along to me. He was such a huge help and I'm so grateful to him.

Thanks for your enthusiasm. You always brighten my day. :)

 
At 3/07/2008 12:44 AM, Blogger Marcia Mickelson said...

What a great looking cover! Congrats.

 
At 3/07/2008 9:34 AM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

The cover looks fantastic! I'm loving the gold/yellow background. Very eye catching.

I'll try to get the blog updated with your new info today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home