Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, February 11, 2008

Coca-Cola and Pepsi


In the spirit of the illustrious Robison Wells, please study the image to the left and tell me what you derive from it.

You can divide into groups. Just pull your chairs into a circle. You can even put your comments into the form of an interview if you’d like

I’ll just be over here reading the last Harry Potter book on my PDA, um, I mean studying. Take your time, I'll be back in a couple of hours to tell you if you're right.
If you love the painting so much you want to buy it, it can be yours for only $5500. http://www.artistrising.com/products/191718/coca-cola.htm


8 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 6:24 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

I'm rewriting the Whitney Awards rules so that you can never win. (I'm going to include the clause "the nominated work must be good.")

 
At 2/11/2008 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first instinct was to turn my laptop upside down and look at it that way. Hmmm, sigh...that didn't help much.

 
At 2/12/2008 8:55 AM, Blogger Melanie Goldmund said...

If you unfocus your eyes just a little bit, you can imagine that the "street" is actually a man lying down, wearing a V-neck pullover, whose head is exploding in a ball of golden fire that extends down his chest, while the prize-winning bubble of bubble gum that he just blew is floating away on the heat wave.

Other than that, there's something about this picture that I don't like, perhaps because there's an ad for Coke in there, but no mention of chocolate.

 
At 2/12/2008 8:57 AM, Blogger Melanie Goldmund said...

Oh, sorry, I was supposed to "derive" something from this painting? Uh, yeah. Lack of chocolate makes my chest go flat and my head explode.

 
At 2/12/2008 11:26 AM, Blogger Worldbuilder Robin said...

Why is there both the setting sun AND a full moon? And the sky is really bright for the sun being so low, even with the moon up there.

The buildings look like they were made using Lego bricks. At first glance, anyway.

And this picture has nothing to do with Harry Potter. Or chocolate.

 
At 2/12/2008 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gives me a headache.

 
At 2/13/2008 2:38 AM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I agree with Jennie -- makes my eyes hurt, too.

 
At 2/15/2008 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm... coke...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home