Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, February 18, 2008

Central America Rocks

So I'm back. I meant to post on Saturday, while on my cruise ship, but the ship charges 70 cents per minute to be online. Not pesos, as I inquired just to be sure, but cents. So much as I love our Frog readers, I just couldn't justify the cost it would take me to even type a "woo-hoo I'm on a cruise and hanging out in Lamanite/possible Nephite cities with names like Lamanai" type blog. Then we didn't get in last night until after midnight (thanks again to the husband for not booking us a flight until 5:00 p.m. despite the fact that the ship docked at 8:00 a.m., because hanging out in the airport for eight hours is my idea of a good time, especially when the flight is delayed an hour and a half and we only made our connection because I went to the nice ticket man and cried about needing to get home so they held the plane for us until we arrived. I'm much calmer about it today now that I'm home. :) )

More to come this week. I would promise pictures, but I can't be sure that will actually happen. I'll also talk about some cool stuff I learned from Dr. Allen, including his thoughts on skins of darkness.

(Oh, and Rob, he said the face of the land changing was actually a good thing because they often trapped cities either in lava or underwater, making them easier to pinpoint. He also said that the locations of cities didn't necessarily change, and Mormon and Moroni referenced the cities by their Alma locations as well, which would mean that they still stood in the same place as before the coming of Christ.)


3 Comments:

At 2/18/2008 12:06 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Welcome back, Sariah! I can't wait to hear a FULL report. I hope the pictures turn out! Please tell all.

 
At 2/18/2008 12:36 PM, Blogger Tristi Pinkston said...

I echo Kerry fully.

 
At 2/18/2008 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my kids to Tikal and Lamanai a few years ago. We went on our own and it was amazing, but I am so anxious to learn more about it from an LDS perspective. Looking for lots of details!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home