Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Does this look infected to you?

by Robison Wells, R.I.P.

**cough cough**

Hi. This, uh, **cough** is Rob. I was just calling to say **sneeze!** that I'm not going to be in today. I'm feeling just really awful. Yeah, it's pretty bad. I could probably come in, because, you know, I'm so devoted to my work, but I'd just feel so guilty about getting the rest of the employees sick. They're young. Let them live.

**cough**

Yeah, did you hear that? It's really a mucusy cough. Yeah, a lot of phlegm. I think I've gone through every Kleenex in the house, and moved on to big rolls of toilet paper.

**snort!**

So anyway, no blog today. I just don't think I could make my fingers do any typing. They ache, you know. They ache like the fiery demons of hell are pounding them with sledgehammers. Yeah. Maybe that's an exaggeration.

**groan**

Everything's starting to fade. All I have time to say is this: I was interviewed last week by the LDS Women's Book Review. Go and listen. It's a great discussion of my books and LDS fiction generally. When I die (like, tomorrow) this interview will go down in history as my last recorded words before I entered the hereafter.

**cough**

Go. Click on the link. I'll be fine. You have your life. Enjoy it while you can.


6 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sends over some virtual chicken soup and a shovel The shovel's for your wife in case the chicken soup doesn't work.*

Get well soon, Rob!

 
At 10/24/2006 4:32 PM, Blogger mean aunt said...

Geez, Rob, cover your mouth when you cough!

Get well soon.

 
At 10/24/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

Lest any of you decide to organize a ward fast for me, I'm not actually sick. I was just calling in sick because I didn't want to come to work (the blog) today. Shh. Don't tell the boss.

 
At 10/24/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie Black said...

Peachy.

Now I have to call the bishop back and tell him never mind.

I'm going to rat on you to Sariah.

 
At 10/24/2006 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! Rob, I listened to the interview! The fan from Boise you talked about, I bet she drove all the way down just to meet you. But I really wouldn't know, I don't think I know the person you were talking about! ;)

 
At 10/25/2006 2:08 AM, Blogger mean aunt said...

Well then I take back the get well soon. And pinch your cheeks really hard. And come Thanksgiving it's the kid table for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home