Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Artist Formerly Known As

By Sariah S. Wilson

I have an announcement. My name is too long.

And as such, it has been changed from Sariah Salisbury Wilson to Sariah S. Wilson by The Powers That Be. I promise that I’m not trying to copy Jeff or Rob (I was actually initially trying to copy Julie, but oh well), and while I did consider having it be just Sariah Wilson it made my mom and dad so happy to think that Salisbury would be on the cover that I’ve left the S there. Plus, it has a nice alliterative-type ring to it, don’t you think? Sariah S. Wilson. All those S sounds.

I should also probably let you blog readers know that my first book, alas and alack, will not be coming out in July. To make a very long story short, it now tentatively seems as if it will be released February of 2007. I know, I know. It will be very hard for you to wait. But I think we can all make it through this wait together. Just think how much more time you’ll have to anticipate! ;)

I’m excited to welcome Frederick the Frog to our midst. For those of you who are aspiring writers, Frederick has offered his services in answering any questions you may have or reviewing a query letter or short synopsis. This is a chance to get your webbed feet in the door. You can reach Frederick at:

frederick.frog@gmail.com

On a totally unrelated topic, I’ve seen three movies in the past week or so - Da Vinci Code (which was fine, but not a great movie. I’d love to hear from someone who hasn’t read the book or knows what it’s about that saw the movie), X-Men: The Last Stand (which I also enjoyed - I’ve loved Bobby and Rogue from the last two movies and was excited to see how their story played out in the third one, and I also didn’t think this one was as bad as the critics said it was) and Over The Hedge with my boys today, which they absolutely loved. It was a fun family movie, and I would recommend it for anyone wondering whether or not it was any good.

Check back next week to make sure that Sariah S. Wilson isn’t too long. Maybe I’ll pull a Cher or Madonna and just be Sariah.

Maybe I should just be S. Secrets in Zarahemla by S. What do you think?


7 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Kerry Blair said...

Alas & Alack indeed! I'm sooo looking forward to Secrets in Zarahemla! Sigh. But they do say that good things come to those who wait and I know this book will be the BEST -- definitely worth waiting for!

In the meantime I'll just enjoy your fun, upbeat blogs! You're a joy and an inspiration, Sariah.

 
At 5/28/2006 2:07 AM, Blogger oshee said...

I like going with the one name. Sariah.

 
At 5/28/2006 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Sweet Sariah?

 
At 5/28/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Sariah, so sorry to hear about the delay. Actually the first of the year has a lot of benefits. For onr thing you have a lot longer selling season before the heavyily promoted fall lineup comes out. It is a very good place to get decent notice for a first novel. But it still stinks to have to wait that long.

As far as the Jeffrey S thing, I wanted to just be Jeff Savage, but alas he is a children's sports writer who has published about 50 books. So Jeffrey S it is.

At least you didn't have to do the HB Moore or NC Allen thing.

 
At 5/30/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

My name actually got the axe this time around, as well. Instead of Robison E. Wells, now I'm officially Robison Wells. It's a whole new me!

 
At 5/30/2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first few books included my middle initial L. At book signings, I'm always glad it got shortened.
I'm disappointed your book won't be out until February. Once one of my books got bumped back six months because Chris Heimerdinger suddenly came up with a new book, so mine was delayed to make room for his. At the time, it irritated me and I thought he should wait his turn, but since then, I've become more understanding of market demands. Sometimes the company needs to push the book that will make them the most money and sometimes there are other circumstances such as the Church's curriculum or current events that make the prospect of sales for a particular book better at one time than another.

 
At 5/30/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Sariah, the only reason I have such a long name is because there is another Julie Bellon and I wanted to distinguish myself from her. You have such a pretty name you'll be distinguished no matter what!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home