Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm Going to Disney World!

by Sariah S. Wilson

A big welcome to Kerry Blair! We're all tickled green to have you.

I used to love those commercials where people would win gold medals or the Super Bowl or the National Spelling Bee and then the announcer would ask, "What are you going to do next?" and said champion while holding both arms aloft would announce, "I'm going to Disney World!"

I will definitely never win a gold medal or the Super Bowl or the National Spelling Bee (although I might have a chance on that last one if I were much shorter), but I did get the writer equivalent - Covenant took a chance and bought my book. That phone call from my editor was truly one of the best experiences of my life.

So...now that I've sold my book, what I am going to do next? I'm going to Disney World!

This is the first real vacation my family has had since we formed in 1996. Oh, we've had "vacations" that entailed visiting family, but never something as frivolous or fun or exhausting. Thus, I am posting today and not tomorrow (my regularly scheduled day).

This has been a dream of mine since my childhood and I am beyond thrilled to be going.

I promise not to come back and post a lot of annoying pictures.

Wish me luck!


4 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Darvell Hunt said...

>A big welcome to Kerry Blair! We're all tickled green to have you.

>Covenant took a chance and bought my book. That phone call from
>my editor was truly one of the best experiences of my life.

Yeah, well, all of us bloggers at "LDS Writers Blogck" are green with envy. :-)

Darvell

 
At 4/28/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, couldn't you take me too? I am graduating, this could be your present to me! And I could help take care of the boys...nevermind, have fun.

 
At 4/29/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger annegb said...

Uh, let's see, I just had my sixth month anniversary of my birthday, you could do take me instead of getting me a gift, I know you were planning on it. :)

Congratulations, that has got to be one of the most oh, flying experiences. Can't think of the word. A real natural high?!!

I have got to get to the bookmobile.

 
At 5/01/2006 3:35 AM, Blogger annegb said...

There's a really good new LDS writers blog, called Popcorn Popping, well, I'll be on it, but still, it's really. I'm not a permablogger or anything like that. Not to worry. It's not my blog.

But I think you guys would find it interesting to see how "seasoned bloggers" address this subject.

Popcorn Popping. Good blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home