Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Your Poopy Tale

by Sariah S. Wilson

I've been elbow deep in the results of a very disgusting stomach bug this past week. The baby has this lovely explosive diarrhea that would go from his knees to his neck. On Friday I changed his clothes NINE times. I actually cheered for joy on Sunday at the sight of his first non-diarrhea poopy diaper (never thought that would happen!) My daughter expressed her sickness by random vomiting. All over the inside of the car (twice), in a Kroger, outside of my son's school, and lots and lots of places here at the house.

Thus, no blogging.

So in honor of my fabulous past week/weekend, I invite you to share you own disgusting/funny/unbelievable childhood tales of poopy.

To get things started - I think we've had it all - poop all over the walls next to the crib, I've been peed on and pooped on by every child in this house, pooping in the bathtub, etc., but probably my funniest (which I'm sure won't translate well) was when I was changing my youngest in our family room late at night. My husband and I had been watching a movie together and I had to get up and change the baby. My husband sat on the couch still watching the movie, while I had moved over to an armchair with the baby across my lap. At the moment I took off the baby's diaper, he managed to pass gas and poop at the same time, which made it shoot across the room and onto the side of my husband's face. I've never had a simultaneous experience of being so grossed out but laughing hysterically. My husband ran to the kitchen sink, trying to wipe it off, but we were both laughing so hard we could barely breathe. Now I'm careful to point the baby's business end away from any potential targets.


4 Comments:

At 11/16/2009 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son had a diaper blow out on the way to a family baptism. So, on arrival, my husband hauled him off to the bathroom to change his diaper. When they returned, I could still smell it and discovered that it was all over my two-year-old's clothes. I took him in the bathroom and cleaned him up as best I could and returned, hoping that the baptism would be quick. When I sat down by my husband, we could still smell poop. It was all over my husband. (My son had somehow shot the poop up his back and my husband carried him into the bathroom) He went to clean up and I could still smell it. I was wearing a dark brown dress and couldn't see that it was all over me too - but I could sure smell it. I don't think anyone minded that we left before the baptism even started.

 
At 11/16/2009 12:15 PM, Blogger Don said...

On our baby's first road trip, we stopped at a gas station in Layton, and my wife took the baby into the restroom to change a wet diaper. I stood next to the chilled soda to wait. And wait, and wait, and wait.

When the girls finally came out of the restroom, baby was in a completely new outfit, and wife was laughing. Apparently, in the middle of the diaper change, baby had an explosion, and the only bit of clothing that wasn't affected was her left sock.

If I remember right, even the peach fuzz on her head got a wash.

Mom, fortunately and somewhat miraculously, managed to remain unsoiled through the whole affair.

 
At 11/16/2009 12:32 PM, Blogger Carolyn V. said...

My husband was changing our sons diaper and had leaned over him to grab a clean diaper. That's when our son decided to relieve himself and urinated all over my husband's face. I think we laughed the rest of the night and wrote it in our son's memory book. =)

 
At 11/16/2009 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've suffered a severe case of memory loss concerning these events. Although I did see another baby in the NICU set off a bomb in her isolette. Poor nurse. The walls were painted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home